Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

results!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Gutted that I was just away from the 400 marks, but it should be enough for my course which is all I really cared about....getting 400 or more would have just been a nice addition

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

kaki wrote: »
    And a general thankyou to the boards.ie community, especially the leaving cert forum, for making the year a lot more bearable :)

Yeah definitely. It was good just even being able to read about people who were going through the same thing as me when I felt like I was on my own

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

kaki wrote: »
    I got 600, somehow...

Irish (H) - A1
    English (H) - A1
    Maths (H) - A2
    Chemistry (H) - A1 (How the bloody hell this happened I'll probably never know)
    Biology (H) - A1
    Physics (H) - A1
    Spanish (H) - A1
    Art (H) - B2 (I'm happy enough, because I did it myself outside of school)
    :eek: Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

blue-army wrote: »
    :eek: Congrats!

Gracias blue-army :D

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭spillit67

Higher Subjects
    Maths-C3...meh didnt count it
    English-A1...Ecstatic-I really crammed in 2 weeks of work for it but im always reading newspapers and the likes so i guess i do some consistant work. That moaner Rich, Boland, 'upliffting Plath' et all go screw yourselves i dont need you anymore.
    French-B2...Only exam i did where i predicted my score!
    History-A1...Pleased my best subject so very happy
    Business-A2...Did it by myself for a year so delighted!
    Chemistry-C2..very suprised, was never my srongest area and thought i made a balls of the exam.
    Geog-C1..Dissapointed but sure i cant complain

Pass-Irish C...who cares really

So 505, got 3 A's which im happy with. Im very inconsistant though with C's and A's, just one B! But my god im happy-i really feel for the people who are dissapointed but as long as you make a step, even a small one, in your desired area you'll do well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭nycman

I'm a very happy camper with my 500:D

Gaeilge A1(Cónaím i gConamara mar a déaradh)
    English B2(gr8 considering our teacher was sh1te)
    French B1 (Tres bien pour moi je pense)
    Maths C3 (I failed my mocks ecstatic over this)
    Accounting B2(flabbergasted I thought I failed after tyrell's hack-job)
    Music B1 (see english note)
    History C2 (delighted)

All my best to ye all and to those who didn't get what u wanted don't worry there are a million ways to get to where u want to go. Some take longer than others.

Now onwards to the BCL in Nuig. I hope the crop of 600s aren't going here...:rolleyes:

"And that has made all the difference"-The Road Not Taken,Robert Frost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 HeartieDevil

Wow, there were some really good results there, congrats to everyone! I did all higher, one of only 3 to do it in my school, and somehow managed to get 600, I'm absolutely over the moon, still can't believe it!

Irish - B1 (Only subject I was disappointed in, but sure what can you do?!)
    English - A1 :rolleyes:
    Maths - B1 (Delighted with that, thought I royally screwed up in Paper 1)
    French - A1 (:eek: Where did that come from? Was hoping for a B1, A2 at the very best!)
    History - A1
    Physics - A1
    Chemistry - A1
    Applied Maths - A1 (:D So proud of this one, cos I did the course in a year!)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭tabouli

English: A1
    Physics: A1
    Maths: A2
    German: A2
    Biology: A2
    Business: A2
    Irish: B2
    Applied Maths: B2

Overall, 560! Delighted! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

lols that Laura Brady still didn't quite get what she wanted.
    And shes appealing her b1 in Geography. 3rd year running.
    madness that a person would waste 3 years (+ the 5th year) which is about 50% of the best few years of your life, wasted on a leaving cert.

Hope that everybody is happy, but if you're not don't worry, theres a lot of great options open to everybody. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

giggii wrote: »
    515- Bio-chem in UCC here i come!! Anyone surprised with chemistry?? I was expecting an A and got a B2.

Really pleased with my A1 in English though!!!:D

I was also sure got the A1 in Chemistry. Only got an A2. Not musch of a disaster, but still curious :P

Well, 540 for me. Very happy. Thot that 550 was the beast that i could have possibly done at the start of the exams, so i obviously had a good gauge on my abilities

A1s in Biology and Spanish

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

FuzzyLogic wrote: »

I suppose there comes a time to give up, and maybe it is time for her. After 5 years of direct lc study, if she cant get into her course she should re-evaluate her goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭*belle*

600! :eek: Was pretty shocked....but am so happy!:D
    a1s in phys,chem,bio,ag sci,irish,business.......a2 in maths

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

We had one 600er in my year, local paper showed up to take apicture of her......

Me and a mate said 'nah shes gone home, want one of us instead?' and he took it :pac:

Spotlight well and truly nicked.
    Ah thats 'jelly and icecream' news that is.
    Irish Times 2009, here we go here we go here we go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭IceICEbaby

Mark200 wrote: »

Gutted that I was just away from the 400 marks, but it should be enough for my course which is all I really cared about....getting 400 or more would have just been a nice addition

Ah i got the same - 395!
    As you say, 400 sounds a bit nicer....(gettin english re-checked though because C2? :mad:)....but feck it, i have more than what i need! xD

Anyyyway congrats people, seems it was worth it :D

xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Livo

english - a1
    irish - a1
    french - a1
    spanish - a1
    history - a2 (WTF?!?!!? i expected a b2 or 3!!)
    geography - b1 (expected)
    maths - b2 (expected as well)

so 575. absolutely thrilled - it was exactly what i wanted, but never ever thought i'd actually get!!

looks like nobody on here did badly at all - well done everyone!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 sheroo_05

i repeated...

physics A1
    biology A1
    chemistry A1
    maths A2
    applied maths A2
    geography B2

got 560..... hopefully il get dentistry in trinity now...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Jaysus well done everyone.

Still in shock myself, got 600 points. I'll tell you the school was delighted.

Got...

Irish A1 (SO HAPPY :D)
    English A1
    Maths A1
    French A2
    Art A2 (totally surprised about this, considering I couldn't do half the history paper)
    Applied Maths A1
    Physics A1
    Music A1

Been grinning like an idiot all day. Guess I didn't go down from my mocks.

Now I'm going to merge the results threads.

Well done again everyone! Even if you didn't get what you want, still go out and celebrate, you've had a tough 2 years.

I woulda been more impressed with 595 tbh ¬.¬

Well done everyone, it's great that the vast majority of you are happy with your results- well done!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

490, rather happy :) Course was only 400 or so last year so got it no bother, see you next year DCU :D

Congrats to all who got the course they wanted :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

All of ye are getting well above 500,its making me sick! :p

I ended up just getting a nice 260 points,:rolleyes: and I can say im quite happy with it,because I didn't do a tap for it!but I did work hard in higher Geography got a C1 and Im pretty disappointed at that to be honest :( definitely gonna appeal it!

I wonder what I would have got if I actually did work thoroughout the year?
    Oh wellz...........:D

Congrats to everyone,as long as your happy with yer results,thats all that matters

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Im happy with the points I got (465) but some of my scores surprised me a bit...

English(H)-C1...Up a grade from mocks thought i'd do better though

Irish(O)-C1...who cares

Maths(H)-C1..expected and happy

Geography(H)-A1...was hoping for this and very very happy with the result

French(H)-C2...got a B3 in the mocks so a little dissapointed ill be checking it out

Chemistry(H)-B3...down from the mocks ill be checking that out

Biology(H)-B1...same as above

LVCP-Merit...would have liked a distinction

all in all went up 10 points from the mocks so I cant complain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Signature

Excellent results here. Well done everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

spurious wrote: »
    Another reminder that boards.ie is not a true cross-section of society - particularly the LC and JC forums, which require internet access and a computer.

Don't ever be ashamed of your results - if you got 100 points and tried your best, it's something to be proud of.

Well done to all who got the results they deserved today.
    Aye, true that. Was talking to a girl from my school last night who got 70 points, she's over the moon she passed the thing, her parents never thought she would, so it's a great achievement. A fair number of people in my school would be the first people in their family to be doing the LC etc., so it was great that most people yesterday got what they wanted, not even college-wise for many, but simply passing things.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

i needed 450+, thought i got 470 but actually got 555! i had never got over 500 in any of my school exams before and didnt think it was possible. but i got A1s in Maths, physics, applied maths and french. everything i need to be an engineer! (maybe even a french one)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Mermy

Got 580 so absolutely delighted!

Irish A1
    Maths A1
    French A1
    Accounting A1
    History A2
    Chemistry A2
    English B3????

I think Ive just about got arts in UCD!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

I got 550 and I'm really delighted with that. Hopeully it'll be enough to get me into Law in Trinity, but I only got 5 points more than it was last year(545*), so I'm pretty nervous about Monday.

Irish(HL)-A2
    Absolutely delighted with this, really didn't think I'd get more than a B. But I put a lot of work into Irish so I'm glad it paid off.

English(HL)-A2
    Again, I was only expecting a B in this so very happy with the A2. I'm a bit surprised because I thought I actually did quite poor in English, especially Paper 2.

Geography(HL)-A1
    I would've been so mad if I didn't get an A1 in Geography, so obviously delirah about this result!

History(HL)-A2
    Little bit disappointed with this as I've been getting A1's all year so I'd like to take a look at my script but I'm happy with it all the same.

Economics(HL)-A2
    Very happy with this as I thought I did quite poorly in the exam even though Econ was one of my strongest subjects, I thought I only got a B1.

German(HL)-A2
    This result simply blew me away, couldn't believe it! Like I'm pretty decent at German but I was never an A student, it was always my weakest subject and often struggled to even get B's in it. Added to that, I came out of the exam so disappointed because I thought I did terribke, it was the only exam I was really disappointed about. So I just can't believe I ended up getting an A2 in it, I really don't know how that happened!

Maths(OL)-B2
    Ah good auld Ordinary Level Maths, ha ha! I always knew I wouldn't count Maths so I dropped down and hardly even opened the book all year and I'm pretty terrible at Maths so I really dunno how that happened. I was actually really worried about failing Maths, that's how bad I thought I did.

Hopefully I'll get into Law in TCD, anyone else hoping to do that course? It's gonna be a nervous few days waiting on the offers....

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NU8

Dunno if anyone still cares but Laura Brady (Irish Times exam diary) got 565. She plans to do dentistry.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2008/0814/1218477549986.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Would 565 not get her Medicine in RCSI or UCD? Or is she Trinity or nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NU8

I thought so to but if you read her article she seems to have resigned herself to dentistry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

NU8 wrote: »
    Dunno if anyone still cares but Laura Brady (Irish Times exam diary) got 565. She plans to do dentistry.

In fairness, after 5 years of leaving cert study, including 2 in a boarding school and 1 in a private place, I would expect to be getting near 600. Just my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

You must be jealous of her.

Advertisement