Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

results!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Examiner must've liked her lesbian geisha story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

NU8 wrote: »
    Dunno if anyone still cares but Laura Brady (Irish Times exam diary) got 565. She plans to do dentistry.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2008/0814/1218477549986.html

I couldn't help but lol when I read that yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Examiner must've liked her lesbian geisha story.
    I really did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

NU8 wrote:
    Dunno if anyone still cares but Laura Brady (Irish Times exam diary) got 565. She plans to do dentistry.

That is absolutely hilarious tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 pedanticwretch

No offence, but she did the bloody thing 3 times and only got 565!!!!!!
    Now, she walks into a profession with the highest suicide rate and a chance she may not even like it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Her parents must be damn pissed off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Fatty McFatFat

1huge1 wrote: »
    Geography was strange for me too, I got a B3 and was expecting a A like.

I have BIS down but I got 385 and thes very little chance it'll go down by 5, its gonna go up for sure...

Most annoying thing was I got a A1 in english in the pre's and a C2 in the leaving...??
    I needed a C1 in german for my chinese course in UCC and got a C2, but I have good backups so im sorted.

Geog was strange!I got a B3 in mocks and ended up with C2...Im disappointed,I tot I'd go up lik!...And english,went from B1 to C1...shocked and gutted are mild words2describe how i'm feelin about my results!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I love people who do dentistry in college/life. If they didn't exist, someone else would have to do that horrible, horrible job.

However, it is once again proven that you can't buy LC results.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Ri na hEireann

I'd seriously question how valid this poll is. Either a few people are dreaming or the membership of boards.ie are extremely more intelligent than the rest of the population.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

People who aren't happy with their results or who got low points may not contribute to the poll or post their grades.

Also remember that, as spurious said, boards isn't an accurate sample of the population. We all have computers. We all read an internet message board. Already you're only talking about a smallish proportion of students. We're more likely to be "nerds", simply by virtue of this being the internet. (To generalise, perhaps.)

Also, using boards makes you smarter, don'cha know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Atari Jaguar...!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

I got 505 overall was delighted! :D
    B2 - Irish (O)
    C1 - French (H) :o
    B2 - Maths (H) :D
    B1 - Biology (H) :)
    B1 - Business (H) :D
    B1 - English (H) :o
    A1 - History (H) :D

A guy in my class in my crap school for the last 6 years got 800 points, he went out ever weekend until a couple of weeks before the thing, proves that idiots like Laura Brady can't buy unreal results with their private schools. (Btw i have nothing against people in private schools,a lot of my friends are in them, but theyre very hard working - my grads date got 580 in one and i salute her!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 poppylove

Geog was strange!I got a B3 in mocks and ended up with C2...Im disappointed,I tot I'd go up lik!...And english,went from B1 to C1...shocked and gutted are mild words2describe how i'm feelin about my results!:(

i went down in geog 2!! i walked out of the exqam tinkin i ave a A2 at least 4 sure nd i got a C1!!!! i honestly ave not heard of 1 person gettn a A in it.WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 me!

got 525 so verrry happy with myself. particularly happy with maths. something very strange posessed me to do higher, can't for the life of me figure out why, but i was fully convinced i failed it specially after paper
    1. got a C2 though. didn't count it but i'm still so happy:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

poppylove wrote: »
    i went down in geog 2!! i walked out of the exqam tinkin i ave a A2 at least 4 sure nd i got a C1!!!! i honestly ave not heard of 1 person gettn a A in it.WTF?

There isnt much of change with the geography papers each year so if you think you deserved the A I would check it out to be sure hell check all your papers anyway I got an A in geography I think ill check that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

I just found out some of my friends think I lied about my results! :O I didn't actually but i don't blame them, i didn't really believe it either. I'm trying to figure out the best way to prove them wrong to punish them for not trusting me. open to suggestions...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,940 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Photocopy your results page and post it out to their houses. Have a note inside the envelope saying "UP YOURS" or "F**K YOU"...

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭armbruster

490 bloody delighted! I'm appealing history though - don't believe I deserved a B2

Got the A2 in English though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭emptyspoon

Got 590.
    Quite surprised with the A1 in Maths. Never got an A in honours maths in the two years!
    Need 120 for NCAD. Just scraped it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

emptyspoon wrote: »
    Got 590.

Need 120 for NCAD.

By the sounds of your post you only need 120 points when you got 590??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Mr.FuknDedlyGuy

Got 450. dissapointed in chemistry result (b2). i only got b1 in art :mad:

im still going to art college via port folio course though.:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Wow, Boardsies are way above the national average for people scoring 500 or over. The average is only about 8%!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 -asdfgh-

Well 200 people in the country got 600. about .36% of people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

I got 490... i was disappointed with 4 of my individual results, but at the end of the day i cleared my course by 30 points and im finished forever!!!:D

Although it would have been nice to break 500:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fivetwenty

The high average here doesn't surprise me as a lot of users had excellent predictions on what was coming up during the LC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

titan18 wrote: »
    I got 440 and I'm hoping to do BIS too.But I think there's a lot of people doing it this year.There was like 10 in my scholl doing it.Hope you get it though
    Craig?
    i got 445, same course as titan here. got the course now an all so its the shizzle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Plug-me-in

585 and luck went my way with the random selection for trinners med! Will i be seeing anyone else there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Yep ill be in trinners too studying medicine! :D
    Well hopefully they will let me in!!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

Wow congrats to you two lads, my 490 seems kinda insignificant now, not that i care, i made my number 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Hello insinkerator! :D

490 is a fantastic score!!!! I actually repeated my leaving cert in the hope of studying theoretical physics!! I was a bit of a dosser last year and managed to scrape 470 which i was quite happy with!

Decided to repeat and took up three new subjects!!!:(
    Worked my ass off, and then revived an old interest in medicine!

The most important thing to do now is enjoy college and totally forget about the leaving cert!! :pac:

Advertisement