Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband options in Swords, Co. Dublin.

Options
  • 13-08-2008 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi there,

As the title suggests, I'm looking to get broadband installed in a residential house in Swords. It's my sister's house.

She's living in the River Valley area. I don't think they have a phone line installed.

I would imagine that there are quite a few options in an area like this, but I could be wrong.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

CJ

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

If she was to get a phoneline she could get up to 24Mbps broadband with BT as swords is LLU.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭murfo

jmccrohan wrote: »
    If she was to get a phoneline she could get up to 24Mbps broadband with BT as swords is LLU.

depending on the quality of the phone line, which you won't know til you get it connected. i live in holywell, 3 year old estate, and my line attenuation down is 52db. bt told me the max connection i can get is 4mb. i live withing 2km of the exchange, so the line must be doing a fair old snake over to my house

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭crackity_jones

Thanks for the replies lads.

I'll have a look at BT first and see what they can do for me.

Does it still take half a millennium to get a phone line installed? It's been a while since I had the pleasure.

CJ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Digiweb Metro is available in Swords. Its a great service. Its wireless so you dont need a phone line. You get a phone service with it. 6mb is €35 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Zoom in and select Swords on this map, and it will list all the providers in the area.
    http://mapviewer.broadband.gov.ie/ServiceByLocationSearchWF.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭murfo

Thanks for the replies lads.

I'll have a look at BT first and see what they can do for me.

Does it still take half a millennium to get a phone line installed? It's been a while since I had the pleasure.

CJ

well you wouldn't want to be in a hurry, mine only took 5 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Virgolass

Have you tried UPC? Think they're available around most of Swords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭KhanTheMan

My sister is in Swords and has UPC. Its excellent. so much better than any other provider i've tried out.

Advertisement