Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alcholic BF off drink..need idea's pass time

• 13-08-2008 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi;
    Basically story is, my boyfriend is off the drink for bout 3 months now!
    He's geting on great and doesn't miss the drink at all...but we take every day as it comes!! The prob we have at the moment is him finding hobbies/things to do on his day off and at night after work(filling the gap as such)! Before his days and nights would have been filled by going to the pub! He has no interest in sport, says his job is physical enough-which is fair enough!! So need idea's please..so grateful for response's!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Age?
    Location?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 belltinker

im sorry I'm new to this...

I didnt know I had to put in my age and location!

Im 25, my bf is 31 and we are in cork!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭hupyago

possibly something creative can be very satisfying
    maybe woodwork,painting,car matienance,nature,gardening,reading,music,films,social networking,the radio
    basically n e thing thats interesting that'd be satifying and keep the mind of alcohol etc.
    also maybe cooking and healthy living or organic gardening could do
    you could browse boards for interests
    also using the money saved from giving up could be used more productively
    eg: travelling ,a new car/bike/camper van,going to events (musical or sporting)
    good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Gigs, movies, learn to play a musical instrument or if he already does, get better at it and maybe form a band. Go to a good restaurant instead of the pub. Check out some interesting places around town.

Write a book, learn to draw/pain. Go fishing. Have barbecue parties without alcohol.
    Take dance lessons. Or join some social networking group. DO some volunteer work. Read books.

There are a million things he can do. Just gotta be a little creative with your thinking and imagination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

belltinker wrote: »
    Im 25, my bf is 31 and we are in cork!
    Age and location are just so other posters can suggest things appropriate for where you are. Cork rules out Belfast Hockey games and Dublin Zoo ;)

Since your bf don't want to start sports I think he needs some other team activity, something where others rely on him. Maybe you could learn things together, take evenings courses, join a gamer clan, join a book club, ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

biko wrote: »
    Since your bf don't want to start sports I think he needs some other team activity, something where others rely on him. Maybe you could learn things together, take evenings courses, join a gamer clan, join a book club, ...

Post on boards:)

Advertisement