Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to add text to a PDF - Help??

Options
  • 13-08-2008 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I don't want to edit pdf's, I literally just want to add a simple text box to a blank portion of an existing pdf.

It would seem ridiculous to have to spend 600 or more euro on the full blown Adobe Acrobat Pro in order to do this simple thing?

All suggestions much appreciated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭armchairninja

If you have photoshop you can open the .pdf file in photoshop and you can then put a text layer into the desired place, it is then possible to resave the doc as a .pdf or print it to a .pdf either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭tagheuer

If only I had photoshop!

It's incredible really. What I need to do is so simple but requiring either Acrobat or Photoshop to do it is like using a sledgehammer to drive a thumb tack! :confused:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Download the free 30 day trial of either photoshop or illustator. Job done.
    Alternatively pm me and I'll do it for you.
    EDIT:
    If you can select the text etc in acrobat reader copy it into Word and then add the text box.
    Feck you could even use the image capture tool in acrobat reader to make the contents an image object in word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭tagheuer

Thanks a mill 5uspect, the trial options should do the trick as hopefully this won't need to be an ongoing thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

tagheuer wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I don't want to edit pdf's, I literally just want to add a simple text box to a blank portion of an existing pdf.

It would seem ridiculous to have to spend 600 or more euro on the full blown Adobe Acrobat Pro in order to do this simple thing?

All suggestions much appreciated?
    You could just do this:

http://digital-vector-maps.com/tutorial-import-pdf-into-powerpoint.aspx

Then simply use a text box in Word to add the text.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭TvWatcher

you need full spec adobe acrobat to edit a PDF; reader is just reader. Here's a convoluted method for you ... it's a bit of a pain and you will lose crispness and definition but it's an option:

Most basic packages from XP onward have microsoft publisher as a basic programme

1 open your pdf and select the camera icon from the vertical menu across the top of screen

2 drag from top left corner to bottom right

3 when your dotted selector line has covered the area you want, then click

4 you've just taken a pic of your page

5 open publisher, new blank doc

6 click paste

7 the image appears

8 right click the image and save as a jpeg

9 if your doc is white you can now paste that jpeg in a word doc and overlay text box; if you're laying onto textured background then you can overlay text in publisher or photoshop and retain background bleed through

(Note: the res of the jpeg will be dependent on what size on screen you drag and select in the original PDF. the bigger the pdf on screen, the higher the res of the final jpeg.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

You Could re-create the page.

Download openoffice free.

Re-Create the page by copy and pasting the text from the existing pdf add teh textbox- export to pdf.

Advertisement