Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

laguna timing belt

Options
  • 13-08-2008 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Can anyone confirm what milage you change timing belt in laguna, i think its 60,000

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mildews

The hand book says 70,000 miles or five years which ever comes first. Most mechanics will recommend sooner. Renault dealers will tell you 40,000 miles. Make sure that whoever you use, uses genuine Renault parts and that they change the water pump and auxillary belts also.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 shorthairguy

thanks alot:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭black & white

mildews wrote: »
    The hand book says 70,000 miles or five years which ever comes first. Most mechanics will recommend sooner. Renault dealers will tell you 40,000 miles. Make sure that whoever you use, uses genuine Renault parts and that they change the water pump and auxillary belts also.

+1. Had an 04 Megane 1.4 petrol let go a water pump at 41k Miles, brought it straight in and they did it and the timing belt as well, cost came to 650ish but as it was only a couple of weeks out of the 2 year warranty they only charged me 250 and Renault carried the rest of the cost.

Currently driving an 06 Megane 1.5 diesel and had it serviced recently. The service manager told me to bring it in at 80K Kilometres to get the timing belt etc done.

Advertisement