Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating the leaving cert?

Options
  • 13-08-2008 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Is there anyone else sure that they will be repeating the leaving cert?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DaveyGem

phase-3 wrote: »

There s no need make rash decisions now, wait til monday than have a think about things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 GurlyGurl

I repeated last year and it PAID OFF this year! I got 45 points more than last year and more points than I need!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

GurlyGurl wrote: »
    I repeated last year and it PAID OFF this year! I got 45 points more than last year and more points than I need!

Me too, got sixty more points than last year, even though I only needed 5 more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Gambra

I'm gonna be repeating in limerick!! always wanted to though cause i want medicine!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Limerick tutorial? Great place if ya want to do well.

As for me though, theres no way in hell I could ever stick repeating, just not me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

1huge1 wrote: »

As for me though, theres no way in hell I could ever stick repeatinh, just not me

My mate missed her first choice psychology by random selection :eek:and repeated here. Said it was the worst year of her life. Way worse than the leaving the first time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Cateym wrote: »
    My mate missed her first choice psychology by random selection :eek:and repeated here. Said it was the worst year of her life. Way worse than the leaving the first time round.
    I just went there for grinds but there always in the paper as one of the top places for high scorers, id hate it too though, not going home till 9pm like.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,939 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I repeated and went up by 65 points...delighted! Best think I ever did!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Racecar

:( unfortunately, I have no choice but to repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭patrickdt10

1huge1 wrote: »

As for me though, theres no way in hell I could ever stick repeating, just not me
    YA ITD BE HARD ALRITE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

i repeated.. went up 200 points :) best thing i've done.. hated the school i was in and hated the year.. taking up 3 new subjects.. but got the course i really wanted so happy out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Racecar wrote: »
    :( unfortunately, I have no choice but to repeat.
    Thats not true. You have more choices than 95% of the people on this planet.
    Don't feel sorry for yourself.
    What college course do you want to do?

The 4 or 5 most successful people I know personally, never went to college, or didn't even finish the LC. There are loads of options.

Graduate with an arts degree, and most people don't find work right away, and when they do its 24k PA, and crappy work. Or you can take control of your own life, not fit yourself into the bounds of structured education and make your own future :)

good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 krystal89

Repeating was the last thing on my mind this time last year.And i was absolutely positive i wouldn't do it.

So Monday offers came and i was devastated to realise id made a huge mistake. I had basically messed up my cao form so even tho i had the points for my second choice i wouldnt be offered it.

I eventually decided id repeat rather than take a year out and go for my first choice. The first few weeks were hell while i watched my friends go off to college but after about a month i totally immersed myself in it and surprised myself. It became easier as the year went along and the year flew.

So come results day i was shocked to discover i had come up 160 points and now i was getting my first choice.

Even tho i was totally against the idea this time last year repeating is the best thing i have ever done and i would recommend it. Its only 9 months out of your whole life.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,939 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Krystal, did you not find it the quickest year EVER?
    I still can't believe I have done an extra year, feels like yesterday when I was a first year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭*belle*

Take your time and look at your options. There is no rush.
    I only decided for defo the day before school started back
    that i was going to repeat. Best decision i have ever made!

A year later, i am sitting here with the course i want.
    I have made lots of new friends as an bonus.
    If you want it, go for it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Justin10

just a quick question...i was happy enough with my LC except business got delayed was late for it then messed it up by knowing it so well wrote way to much for first few questions then left myself with no time for others this was my top subject and did very poorly in it and wanted to know is it possible to study business at home this year and go back to my old school and just do business no other subject???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Justin10

can no one help ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Yes it is, though only for a certain grade needed and not for points.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Screa

Im repeating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭phase-3

Im deffo repeating, I have my name down in the school i want to do it in. Anyone know if it is a wise idea to take business (HL) for 2009 leaving cert? Oh the idea of repeating is horrible, i dont want to do it at all but from reading comments of like going up 160 points it sounds very rewarding

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Valde

IAnyone know if it is a wise idea to take business (HL) for 2009 leaving cert?

Whats the difference between any other years please don't tell me the courses have changed :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

I just finished repeating in laurences. I went up 95 points this year and would highly advise it to anyone that is considering doing it. There is no point in just accepting a course you don't want to do just because you want to get to college. More then likely you will drop out of your course and do something different after your first year anyway and be in the same sitution as someone who repeated!

On the year itself yes it is very tough but its extremely rewarding. Furthermore i have met some absolutely great friends as a result!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

For anyone not 100% sure about repeating, take it from somebody who opted not to repeat, you will regret it , i went for my 2nd choice and so wish every morning when im getting ready for work that i did repeat. Thats just my 2c on it, and anyone doing the LC next year , dont listen to anyone saying there not studying etc etc , its a load of crap, do it for yourself and not for anyone else.

okay back to work for me yawn, roll on when i will quailify for a mature student status ha!

Advertisement