Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sticky Brakes need help!!!?

Options
  • 13-08-2008 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi all,
    I have a slight problem with the rear driver side brake of my Pajero. I seems to be sticking quiet alot lately. It feels like I am driving with the handbrake on and the occasional squealling doesn't help matters.
    I figure that the caliper is not releasing enough after braking, as when I changed the pads I had to use the bench vise to push the caliper back so that I could put the new pad in.
    I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to free it up a little? Or is it a case of needing a new caliper?:confused:
    Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

If you had to use a bench vice to push back the piston, its time to change the caliper.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jimmyzx

Ok thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Your caliper is knackered.
    If you live on the Northside go into Consort in drumcondra.Make sure you talk to the Old guy (Jimmy I think).he is the owner.Ask him about a recon caliper.I got one of him last year for my paj.you will need to give him your knackered caliper as part exchange.A hell of a lot cheaper than a new one.I would take this route rather going to a breakers where the caliper you get may be on its last legs.
    or try www.milneroffroad.com.I got some stuff off them and they are fairly good or try www.DiamondAutoParts.com (.co.uk ????).Never used them though they are recommended.
    HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jimmyzx

Thanks for the info bcmf.
    I was talking to a fella yesterday evening who suggested that if I poured boiling water on to the caliper it sometimes helps free them up if they are not too bad. I tried this last night and it seems to have worked. I will have to see if it's only in the short term or if it sorted my problem out. At least I will know then that I need a replacement and your idea of the recon part over a scrap yard part makes good sense.;)
    Thanks again:)
    Paul.

Advertisement