Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Brake Pipes

Options
  • 13-08-2008 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi
    My VW Passat just failed the NCT, because my two front brake pipe are damaged (one cracked and the other corroding).
    Anyways how much should it cost to fix?
    And should it have been caught when I got the car serviced last week.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

saraj14 wrote: »
    And should it have been caught when I got the car serviced last week.
    Thanks

Oh yes, definetly !

Working brakes are sort of essential for safe driving :D so they are top of the list for the NCT ...and that includes brake lines.

A garage not seeing defective brake lines during a service quite frankly shouldn't be in business.

The good news is that in your case they should at lest feel compelled to fix them for free out of sheer embarassement.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Jonny303

Should really have been picked up in a service. But dont go in shouting and screaming, you'll get further that way.

Just make sure you did get a service. I have had people come into me before and ask for "an oil change" and then come back two weeks later wanting to know why there car failed the nct with worn a/roll bar bushes.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭saraj14

it was definitely a service i asked for. (Paid 200 plus, other bits had to be fixed)
    he is local guy who owns his own garage.
    and he is now away on holidays, so i want to get them changed asap and pass the nct test once and for all....
    any idea how much i should pay elsewhere.

Advertisement