Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripwave now capped??

Options
  • 13-08-2008 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

I just accidentally saw in Carphone Warehouse's catalogue that IBB Ripwave is now capped, 10gb per month, with extra 10gb for 2.99. Is this just for the .5 mbit package or also for the 1 mbit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

flodis79 wrote: »
    I just accidentally saw in Carphone Warehouse's catalogue that IBB Ripwave is now capped, 10gb per month, with extra 10gb for 2.99. Is this just for the .5 mbit package or also for the 1 mbit?
    there is a 10 and 20gig caps for both products ,5 and 1mb

captureez0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Alright, that is change of service conditions then, and I haven't been informed. Should they not have informed me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

flodis79 wrote: »
    Alright, that is change of service conditions then, and I haven't been informed. Should they not have informed me?

Probably a case of you still being on the unlimited set up and only new customers being capped, though you should definitely call them to make sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Probably a case of you still being on the unlimited set up and only new customers being capped, though you should definitely call them to make sure.

I disagree, if you call them you are asking. If they don't inform you, it is their responsibility.

paulm17781 wrote: »
    I disagree, if you call them you are asking. If they don't inform you, it is their responsibility.

Ah here in fairness that sort of attitude doesn't work in the real world. They haven't made contact with him regarding any change won't make any difference if you ring them inquiring, also wouldn't be too hard to get the info you need without giving account information if you are paranoid about it. Generally changes like this aren't going to effect people who have already signed up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Ah here in fairness that sort of attitude doesn't work in the real world.

Yes it does.
    They haven't made contact with him regarding any change won't make any difference if you ring them inquiring.

Then they will inform him and have record of informing him that there is a cap. It is their responsibility to inform customers of changes to contracts, if a customer asks, then they are informed.

Yes it does.

Then they will inform him and have record of informing him that there is a cap. It is their responsibility to inform customers of changes to contracts, if a customer asks, then they are informed.

In a perfect world yes, but this is not a perfect world and Irish isps get away with doing this sort of stuff without repercussions all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Unfortunately, for the customer, this is not true...

All T&C have similar clauses to ensure they are not caught when modifying their packages... it wasnt hard to find

For example, clearwire T&C says

28. Amendments. Subject to applicable law, Clearwire may in its sole discretion amend any of the Terms or your Service Plan. Clearwire will provide notice to you of any material modification. If you do not agree to a modification that is materially disadvantageous to you, you may terminate the Agreement within twenty (20) days of the date we send our notice, and you will not be charged any Early Termination Fee. If you use the Service or make any payment to us after we mail notice of a material modification, and do not provide termination notice to us within the specified time period, you agree to that change, retroactive to the announced effective date of the modification. Clearwire may revise any Policy at any time, and such revisions will be effective immediately upon posting on Clearwire’s website, or providing written notice to you.

So ignorance is not an excuse I am afraid... they dont have to inform their customers if they dont want to

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Bohrio wrote: »
    Unfortunately, for the customer, this is not true...

All T&C have similar clauses to ensure they are not caught when modifying their packages... it wasnt hard to find

For example, clearwire T&C says

28. Amendments. Subject to applicable law, Clearwire may in its sole discretion amend any of the Terms or your Service Plan. Clearwire will provide notice to you of any material modification. If you do not agree to a modification that is materially disadvantageous to you, you may terminate the Agreement within twenty (20) days of the date we send our notice, and you will not be charged any Early Termination Fee. If you use the Service or make any payment to us after we mail notice of a material modification, and do not provide termination notice to us within the specified time period, you agree to that change, retroactive to the announced effective date of the modification. Clearwire may revise any Policy at any time, and such revisions will be effective immediately upon posting on Clearwire’s website, or providing written notice to you.

So ignorance is not an excuse I am afraid... they dont have to inform their customers if they dont want to

Think you missed that bit in red, they must inform you under their T&Cs, but those are for clearwire not IBB

Think you missed that bit in red, they must inform you under their T&Cs, but those are for clearwire not IBB

Now that's embarrassing!!! :)

I will look into IBB website but I dont think it will be easy to find their T&C... I though it was Clearwire!

I am such an idiot sometimes ;)

Still, if you read until the end you will see the way they have to inform people. By posting on the website, through their T&C...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Yeah its easy to miss but the clearwire T&Cs are far from clear, they contradict themselves even in that brief excerpt.

:rolleyes:

I am giving up!!

Jesús! That's a very slow website....

Yeah its easy to miss but the clearwire T&Cs are far from clear, they contradict themselves even in that brief excerpt.

:rolleyes:

They do that on purpose... I am 100% sure!

All ISP have similar clauses, well, almost all it seems!!! hehe
    ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

It's down to whether a cap is a material modification. Clearwire don't have to notify you (under those terms) of any minor change, just post on their website. Is introducing a cap a material change? I would've thought so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Advertisement