Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hello

Options
  • 13-08-2008 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hello to all fellow spurs supporters. :)
    My name is Kevin and i have been supporting spurs for 43 years (what a great rollercoaster life i have had in that time, some great nights and some not so good.)
    I live in London with my partner (gooner) and daughter (she is a little yiddo, 7.)
    I go to most home games and a few away games each season.

Both my parents are from Tipperary and all my grandparents were Tipp as well.

I will be coming to Dublin on saturday morning to see the hurling semi-final on sunday and flying back on sunday evening.
    I would like to know where the best place (that sells alcohol) to watch the spurs match with fellow spurs supporters is.
    As i am a practising alcoholic i would also allow anyone on this board to buy me a drink, it may be returned.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Up the Deise!!!!

Hope your trip results in a Spurs win Saturday but a Deise win on Sunday.

Welcome on board.

Woody.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

kevinoh wrote: »
    Hello to all fellow spurs supporters. :)
    My name is Kevin and i have been supporting spurs for 43 years (what a great rollercoaster life i have had in that time, some great nights and some not so good.)
    I live in London with my partner (gooner) and daughter (she is a little yiddo, 7.)
    I go to most home games and a few away games each season.

Both my parents are from Tipperary and all my grandparents were Tipp as well.

I will be coming to Dublin on saturday morning to see the hurling semi-final on sunday and flying back on sunday evening.
    I would like to know where the best place (that sells alcohol) to watch the spurs match with fellow spurs supporters is.
    As i am a practising alcoholic i would also allow anyone on this board to buy me a drink, it may be returned.:D

Kevin, the main pub in Dublin City Centre for Yids is Tom Mayes on Dorset St, its very central. Go to OConnell Street and go to the top of the street, carry on straight tru the lights and its just up the road on the left at the lights, will be a big crowd in there I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Woodgate wrote: »
    Up the Deise!!!!

Hope your trip results in a Spurs win Saturday but a Deise win on Sunday.

Welcome on board.

Woody.

+1 :D up the Deise

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Hello from a fellow Tipp man. hope we see a nice double from spurs and tipp,i will be in croker cheering them on aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭gerrytack@hotma

carrick utd to beat fingal,spurs to beat boro,and i hope to be eating blaas at about 5 o clock.id be as happy as a 'pig in ****'.UP TIPP and C.O.Y.S.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Nice of you to pop in Kev, would love to get out Saturday to watch the game but alas I have to attend my Godson's birthday party instead...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭One-Day-Juande

Well you should give your godson a special birthday treat and bring him down the pub to watch the spurs match and if we win there's another life-long supporter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kevinoh

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Kevin, the main pub in Dublin City Centre for Yids is Tom Mayes on Dorset St, its very central. Go to OConnell Street and go to the top of the street, carry on straight tru the lights and its just up the road on the left at the lights, will be a big crowd in there I would have thought.

Thanks for the info.
    Tom Mayes it is then.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kevinoh

Nice of you to pop in Kev, would love to get out Saturday to watch the game but alas I have to attend my Godson's birthday party instead...:(

Don't your family and friends know when the football season starts.

You could always start a row with someone at 2.30 and walk out, returning at 5.30 and apologising and saying how sorry you are (as long as we win, otherwise stick the apology.);)

Have a good day, i'm sure you will find out the score as it is happening and totally enjoy the evening, or as O-D-J says, bring him out with you.

Advertisement