Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dj headphones with good external noise reduction?

• 13-08-2008 2:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭

budget upto 100 euros. online or bricks and mortar.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭EvolutionNights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

Ebay - sony MDR-V6's ... fantastic headphones IMO much better than sennhinser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭sur_1_nuage

deevey wrote: »

My advise is, DO NOT buy headphones on Ebay, 90% of them are fakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Forget you standard headphones. Get a pair of IEM's. M-Audio do a great pair called IE-10's. Less than 100 and are far better for db reduction than the standard headphones.

Depends who you buy the headphones from, as with anything on ebay ... I dont agree that 90% are fake ... sorry thats garbage.

I bought mine from a reputable US ebay store knowing they were sony refurbished, and carried an international warranty, not to mention less than half the price you'd pay here (thankfully wasn't stung by customs on them).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Pioneer HDJ 1000 if you can stretch your budget a small bit, have a set 4 years now and don’t regret getting them, avoid EBay models unless you are 100% sure of the seller, i.e. UK shop, as most are fakes. This subject was a topic on a recent post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭sur_1_nuage

Depends who you buy the headphones from, as with anything on ebay ... I dont agree that 90% are fake ... sorry thats garbage.

I bought mine from a reputable US ebay store knowing they were sony refurbished, and carried an international warranty, not to mention less than half the price you'd pay here (thankfully wasn't stung by customs on them).

Well i bought 2 pairs and both were fake, got a refund anyway but that s just not what i wanted. I wanted proper, real headphone at the 1st buy...and Ebay just did not do that for me, hence my comment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Manoman

The Stanton DJ Pro 2000 is definitly the best in the price range up to a 100 euro's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Manoman wrote: »
    The Stanton DJ Pro 2000 is definitly the best in the price range up to a 100 euro's

The technics RP-DH 1200s are brilliant and only €111 off thomann.de, nearly as good as the Sennheiser HD-25 and much cheaper!

http://www.thomann.de/ie/technics_rpdh_1200.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

i have sennheiser headphones going on adverts,ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

I'll counter that claim (:P) and say go for a pair of Sennheiser HD280 Pros. I have my 3rd pair in 6 years, they can take some amount of abuse, and are very good on noise reduction for being within budget. Didn't like the Sony's.

Seanie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 CDUK

not to mention less than half the price you'd pay here (thankfully wasn't stung by customs on them).

A friend of mine bought a DAC-2 from the states, it cost about €200 but never paid any customs duty, another mate got one of those iPhone clones for €100 and had to pay €25 duty! crazy! :P

have my 3rd pair in 6 years, they can take some amount of abuse

Errrr Isn't that a contradiction ? Lots of guys have v6's and other phones (HD25's, DT100's etc) for over a decade and just replace the earpads or cables... what decided to give up on your 280's that you didn't replace the parts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Errrr Isn't that a contradiction ? Lots of guys have v6's and other phones (HD25's, DT100's etc) for over a decade and just replace the earpads or cables... what decided to give up on your 280's that you didn't replace the parts?

Mostly just the headband cracking under the twisting and turning. Each have been used minimum 5 nights a week during each of their lives (minimum of 260 nights of year, average of 290 a year). The culprit actually was the part of the plastic housing on the headband that you push/pull the extended bit in/out of. I still have the 2 "bad" pairs I've gone through, use them for home/travel use, just have the headband wrapped in black electrical tape to keep it together.

Seanie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭franklyshocked

I've had HD25s and the sound is excellent but I replaced them with a set of Sony MDRV500's recently and I think they do a better job at blocking out background sound, which is really what you need in a club setting. Having great sound quality is shag all good if you can't hear your cue point over the bass bin

Advertisement