Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cars you dislike because of the people who drive them

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

I absolutely despise anything that is badged incorrectly with the likes of the Comfortline 1.4 Gti Golf, and the 2.7 diesel range rover sports, that also unknown to dealers come with a Supercharger as well. Make it look as much like the car that u want, just don't put a false badge on it.

Great thread OP, interesting read.

Actually, on that note - I have a match for my Micra hatred - it's RS4 1.9TDI's... What's wrong with these people? Mental illness?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Biro wrote: »
    Actually, on that note - I have a match for my Micra hatred - it's RS4 1.9TDI's... What's wrong with these people? Mental illness?

Lol! I was staring at a fella i saw in Limerick driving one yesterday, when he looked at me i just shook my head in disgust. He wasn't too happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I absolutely despise anything that is badged incorrectly with the likes of the Comfortline 1.4 Gti Golf, and the 2.7 diesel range rover sports, that also unknown to dealers come with a Supercharger as well. Make it look as much like the car that u want, just don't put a false badge on it.

Great thread OP, interesting read.

Seen a few ridiculous ones, such as a Suzuki Baleno V6, Opel Astra Kompressor, VW Borat ;), Nissan Micra Type R, etc.

Idiots.

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Seen a few ridiculous ones, such as a Suzuki Baleno V6, Opel Astra Kompressor, VW Borat ;), Nissan Micra Type R, etc.

Idiots.

I've seen the Borat. The worst i've seen are the likes of Focus type R's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Lol! I was staring at a fella i saw in Limerick driving one yesterday, when he looked at me i just shook my head in disgust. He wasn't too happy.

Legend!! I must keep an eye out for him and do the same!

• Advertisement

Biro wrote: »
    Legend!! I must keep an eye out for him and do the same!

Not just for him, but all of his type who have the same. We can keep a record :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Fiat Multipla.
    Any Hyundai or Proton.

The drivers are <snip>.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

^ There's not many Proton's in this country, although the few I seen here are generally driven by middle aged men.

Poor man's Mitsi Colt TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

Yaris, Micra or Corsa - worst of all. Will be a middle-aged woman sitting on top of the steering wheel, who will brake on every single bend and whenever something passes her in the other direction, even though she's only doing 60kmh. Will also flash you when you overtake, even though she's doing 40 below the limit.[/QUOTE]

+100

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

Getting caught behind anything with a taxi plate in a 100kmh zone cos they'll be tipping along at 80k to save diesel ,not using lights or indicators to save the bulbs...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

avensises almeras and land cruisers are the epitomy of bland IMO!
    also i have and irrational hatred towards hyundai coupes and the merc clk

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I've noticed that Vectras tend mostly to be driven by fat people.
    strange one, moreso than Mondeos or Avensis's.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Nissan Sunny (circa 94) generally with a KY or WD reg

Micras in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

1. Anything with a baby on board plate on the back, it doesn't exempt you from driving legislation!
    2. Horsey people with "Caution Horses" on the back of the truck, this really really bugs me for some reason. It's like they expect you to bow reverentially because they own some unprocessed glue.
    3. Ugly birds driving BMW Minis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Volvo 2.0D V50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

bigkev49 wrote: »
    1. Anything with a baby on board plate on the back, it doesn't exempt you from driving legislation!
    2. Horsey people with "Caution Horses" on the back of the truck, this really really bugs me for some reason. It's like they expect you to bow reverentially because they own some unprocessed glue.
    3. Ugly birds driving BMW Minis
    have to agree with the third point,such a let down after all the effort you put in catching up with them on the motorway! they should be banned!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Blue850 wrote: »
    Getting caught behind anything with a taxi plate in a 100kmh zone cos they'll be tipping along at 80k to save diesel

Only if there's a fare onboard.

Top of the list are incorrectly badged cars, RS4 TDi's, 318 M3's, 1.4 GTi's etc. These people should be shot!

Recently added to my list is the Porsche Boxter 986. In the last 6 to 8 months around five colleagues of mine have bought one as you can pick up a nice example in the UK these days for relatively little money. Try to talk to them about the engines, options, suspension set-up, what it's like to drive etc and it's like talking to the wall. They don't care what they're driving as long as a Porsche badge is stuck to it. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but anyone I know who drives one has turned into a complete badge snob.

Other categories include-

Hairdresser;
    Audi TT, BMW Z4/Z3, MX5, new Mini, 206cc.

Boy racer;
    Altezza, Glanza, the old RWD Corolla, Nissan 180SX, the old model Civic or anything really with a huge exhaust, tack on pointless spoiler and kerbed alloys.

Sunday driver;
    Yaris, Punto, Hynudai Getz, Micra.

Cocks car;
    Any convertible car. (Oh this will go down well with some:D)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,098 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Now probably isn't a good time to announce I drive a golf, TDI. I couldn't care about the speed it does or doesn't do, it's comfy and economical for me. Saw a ford focus the other day with a type r badge on the back, idiot. No pic I'm afraid, wasn't prepared to pull in behind him for fear of dying laughing.

Hate all 3 series bmw's, fiats, and renaults. Kinda broad, I hate them all.

Leave the yummy mummys alone. Eye candy that good can drive/coast around in what they like. mmmmmmm

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,098 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Cocks car;
    Any convertible car. (Oh this will go down well with somebiggrin.gif)

I love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

ronnie3585 wrote: »

Hairdresser;
    Audi TT, BMW Z4/Z3, MX5, new Mini, 206cc.

I was about to skin you for choosing the TT Z4 and MX5 because these are all cracking cars but then I read the thread title again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭MSporty

White Lexus IS 200s with big exhausts driven by skangers :mad:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

People Carriers soccer moms!!! and old dears in Micras!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I would deffo buy one but i always seem to hate the drivers in em...Range Rover Sport's, I can only assume these people think they're superior because of what they drive...speeding up at lights just as they go red...god that annoys me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Any VAG TDi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Quasquai Drivers! More Golf GT type smugness - buying a Quashquai is pretty much the wildest decision most of the owners will ever make in their lives, as far as these are concerned they are driving a Range rover without the running costs and depreciation - I absolutely despise them. Like fridges with wheels

beertons wrote: »
    . Saw a ford focus the other day with a type r badge on the back, idiot. No pic I'm afraid, wasn't prepared to pull in behind him for fear of dying laughing.

HAh! Don't worry, i got him
    08-02-07_1314.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

HAh! Don't worry, i got him
    08-02-07_1314.jpg

Right, that's gone straight to the top of my list....

The rest are

1. Civics, Altezzas, 200SX, AE86 Corolla Twin Cams Simply because, as previously mentioned, the boy racer brigade

2. MPV's simply as they are usually driven by the soccer Moms and can't park it in a car park without taking up 2 spaces

3. New(ish) Base model BMW's - Oh, God, just buy a proper one about 1 to 2 years old. It'll cost the same as a base model new, and the worst depreciation is gone. Also, these tend to be driven by inconsiderate speed merchants "Out of my way, I've a BMW you know...."

4. Convertible drivers with sunglasses on a not so sunny day. They scream "posers"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Ha, Focus LX Type R! It's not even a Zetec:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

ianobrien wrote: »
    4. Convertible drivers with sunglasses on a not so sunny day. They scream "posers"

:D:D:D:D

That's my cousin's husband!!

He wears sunglasses everywhere, even indoors and just replaced his 9-3 convertible with a 645ci

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

BMW 3 and 5 series

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement