Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cars you dislike because of the people who drive them

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

I cant belive the "white van man" hasnt got a vote yet, no matter what speed your doing thres always one glued to your arse wanting to headbutt his way trough to sit on the car in front and so on only to meet up again at the traffic lights to start all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I cant belive the "white van man" hasnt got a vote yet, no matter what speed your doing thres always one glued to your arse wanting to headbutt his way trough to sit on the car in front and so on only to meet up again at the traffic lights to start all over again.

Ah that's a whole different catagory....great fun will be had:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Someone mentioned transit drivers a few pages back.

Hi Cormie :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

beertons wrote: »
    Now probably isn't a good time to announce I drive a golf, TDI. I couldn't care about the speed it does or doesn't do, it's comfy and economical for me. Saw a ford focus the other day with a type r badge on the back, idiot. No pic I'm afraid, wasn't prepared to pull in behind him for fear of dying laughing.

Hate all 3 series bmw's, fiats, and renaults. Kinda broad, I hate them all.

Leave the yummy mummys alone. Eye candy that good can drive/coast around in what they like. mmmmmmm

Like beertons I drive a TDI, passat thou, like it for the economy and comfort. she has heated leather keeps me toasty warm on long trips. :P

Hate incorrectly badged cars thou saw a 1992 Starlet...GTI and an Auris GTI in Cork over the weekend. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

1. Punto, Corsa, polo and ather small animals - The smaller car it is, the more space it needs on road and in parking lot. ALLWAYS drives 60km/h on 100km/h and will never ever go in to slow line.

2. BMW (break mine window) 318 or 316 - driving it like it was 330 or m3.

3. Big SUVs with lady drivers +kids - Just no comment, you just have to see it.

4. ANY 1.4 civic with Type R badging and kits - Now THAT just looks sad, it looks like beast and drives like pony.

P.s. Very good thread OP. And just suggestion , i sow it on anather forum. "tell what you think about above driver above your post, from his car" wasprety good aswell :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Hate incorrectly badged cars thou saw a 1992 Starlet...GTI :rolleyes:

Wasn't there a Starlet GTi, or is it the Corolla I'm thinking of?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Starlets, Glanzas, are my number 1 hatred!
    306 d vans seem to sit on my ass too often.
    Audi of all years and models,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

people who call their car she,and say things like "theres some lift out of her" or "she'd ate a scooby off the road" drive me wild,no matter what the car the are reffering to is.

I detest RS4/S4 TDIs esp the really crap ones with one filthy tail pipe and one spotless one,is pathetic,even more so when you "ate them off the road" in your normal TDI golf!

GT TDI drivers because they buy into the myth of the GT TDI i.e putting a GT badge on your car gives you extra BHP and turns normal VW seats into recaro seats.

Hate white civics,white integras,white maltezzas,white levins,white glanzas.

Hey 320d,520d drivers who think their car is fast it isnt,same applies to focus and mondeo TDCI drivers,cop on lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Nissan Almera's - always at the head of the qeue and knowing full well that they are holding up 543,234 cars behind them.

Avensis's too - usually stuck behind the almera and afraid or unable to overtake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

bmw x5

bmw 3 series

honda civics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I don't dislike BMW X3 drivers but I just think they are being a bit silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

Women in Range Rover Vogues - especially at Dundrum shopping centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭MSporty

new shape 325i BMW coupes, always driven by corporate twats or stuck up birds. The lads act as if they are driving the fastest car known to man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Dabko

Anybody driving anything on 4 wheels with the following:

1) People with retard bumper stickers sayin some sh1te like " If you get any closer, you will have to marry me" - driver faster you tools!

2) "Baby on board" - why should i care that you have managed to do what man kind has being doing since the beginning of time. Who cares you first time parents. Get off the road twats.

3) VW Jettas (usually green or navy blue) - Thick, self righteous farmers who think we should all drive at the same speed. Always found going to the local shop/post office/pub to buy the farmers journal, a latre a milk and 20 major!

4) Maserati - buy a decent looking car for Christs sake - they are the ugliest, most expensive piece of crap on our wonderful roads!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Nissan Almera's - always at the head of the qeue and knowing full well that they are holding up 543,234 cars behind them.

Avensis's too - usually stuck behind the almera and afraid or unable to overtake.

As the late, great LJK Setright once said 'It's no. 2 that causes the queue'. Almeras, Corollas and Balenos are the worst for being first or second in a slow-moving queue.

Don't really hate them though - we all have relatives or neighbours that could fall into that category. I do anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The Vel Satis - anyone who is willing to spend €60k or thereabouts to be tortured is in serious need of therapy.

MSporty wrote: »
    new shape 325i BMW coupes, always driven by corporate twats or stuck up birds. The lads act as if they are driving the fastest car known to man

I know someone in her 40s that fits neither of those and drives everything like it's the fastest car known to man:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭MSporty

ninty9er wrote: »
    I know someone in her 40s that fits neither of those and drives everything like it's the fastest car known to man:D

dont know about that one, my theories have been scientifically proven ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 113 ✭✭Rob987

Dabko wrote: »
    Anybody driving anything on 4 wheels with the following:

1) People with retard bumper stickers sayin some sh1te like " If you get any closer, you will have to marry me" - driver faster you tools!

2) "Baby on board" - why should i care that you have managed to do what man kind has being doing since the beginning of time. Who cares you first time parents. Get off the road twats.

3) VW Jettas (usually green or navy blue) - Thick, self righteous farmers who think we should all drive at the same speed. Always found going to the local shop/post office/pub to buy the farmers journal, a latre a milk and 20 major!

4) Maserati - buy a decent looking car for Christs sake - they are the ugliest, most expensive piece of crap on our wonderful roads!

My comments:

1. I remember as a kid in the 80's seeing someone with a badge on their car reading "Start a new movement, eat prunes...". Witty, unlike the rubbish brandished on most cars these days. Apart from that I agree.

2. Indeed. Not going to take any extra care on account of such a notice.

3. No particular views.

4. I assume you are excluding the Gran Turismo from this, sir! It's b-e-a-utiful.

I used to hate Peugeot 205 drivers due to their seemingly insatiable desire to tailgate people for no apparent reason. In any event, I salute the OP for opening another wonderfully subjective and pointless debate, in the true spirit of this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

VW Golfs 98-02 model, they are everywhere and so are the spoilt little "look at me, I've finally got me own car" daddys boys driving them....

Those people carriers with the Baby On Board stickers on the back window....yeah but wheres the Lunatic Mother In Front sticker?

1993 Opel Astra hatchbacks are, of course, not designed to go any faster than 20mph on country roads due to the large build-up of cattle receipts, old newspapers and rotten cabbages on top of the dash. The muck-savages driving them dont need to see out the windscreen because they can feel the traffic coming "in their waters".....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Heroditas wrote: »
    Volkswagen Toureg - or as it should be know - Volkswagen Toerag.
    It's hard to find a more ignorant driver than one sitting in a Toureg. You're lucky if they stay on their side on the road on a narrow road, aggressive and bullying driving. Undertaking, pulling out in front of you .... they seem to be the worst of the SUV posse. :mad:
    :D ROFFLE - So I'm not the only one who thinks this!! Excellent thread.

I detest Toerags and the Sangyong Rexton (or RECTUM as I call them, as they are driven by ars3holes) and those BMW SUVs - ESPECIALLY when they're white. Urgh! Also Range Rovers, Land Rovers and Land Cruisers in the city.

I also hate white transit van men and boy racers with noisy exhausts! There's some kid driving around where I live that drives a clapped out piece of sh!t that sounds like it's sneezing!

Black VW Golfs 06-08 models, they are everywhere and so are the spoilt little "look at me, I've finally got me own car" daddys boys driving them....

There....fixed that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

ninty9er wrote: »
    There....fixed that!!

Little brats drivin 08 Golfs?! Jaysus they really are Daddys boys! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭jetsonx

Chrysler Sedan 300 drivers - they seem to be the most most crass nouveau-riche "I've got loadsa money mate" car in Ireland. Usually driven by spivs wearing salmon coloured ties.

Oh, and Micra drivers - infuriating. I bet you every traffic bottle-neck in every Irish city could be traced back to a Micra driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Cj Mac

IMO the most clueless drivers on the road appear to drive either skodas, hyundai's and increasingly avensis or corolla's.

They think its acceptable to drive at 55 kph on a national route and usually have stupid looking civil servant bearded heads on them!

and dont get me started on the men !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭jetsonx

Cj Mac wrote: »
    They think its acceptable to drive at 55 kph on a national route and usually have stupid looking civil servant bearded heads on them!

and dont get me started on the men !

Civil servants you see do not have to rush...late at the office ...no problem,
    (still get paid and can't get fired)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I hate everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Family saloons with with three antennae.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

Hertz rent-a - cars. Can be just about any make or model often Nissans.
    Easily identified my little yellow '1' sticker in back window, sometimes Diesel or petrol sticker on filler cap, and worst of all 'Auto' in stick on letters on boot lid.
    Autos are usually driven by Hank and Wilma from Oklahoma who are not only having to contend with driving on the wrong side of the road but having to adjust to driving a Nissan Micra rather than a Ford F150 due to the price of the darned gasoline in this cute, but lordy is it expensive, little country. Irritated by seats smaller than their buttocks and having to cope with constant rain and narrow twisting roads is it any wonder they seem incapable of more than 60 kph.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

I saw an X5 on the forecourt in Autoplatz on the Walkinstown Road today for 98,000 Euro. I ask you, what the fu*k can be in a used X5 that can justify this price tag???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement