Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cars you dislike because of the people who drive them

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,107 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

use the noodle darragh, was it a 08 demo, maybe it cost 120 new :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I've noticed that Vectras tend mostly to be driven by fat people.
    strange one, moreso than Mondeos or Avensis's.

I have put on a few pounds but fat??? :D

BMW 316's. You just know these clowns are obsessed with image. Why else buy a under-powered, over-priced and under-specced car just for the badge..<SNIP>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Micra drivers, usually some shaved headed twat, who keeps looking at his girlfriend while driving while he is mouthing off about whatever, and all the associated weaving that comes with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Came across a white-van-man this morning who was D-A-W-D-L-I-N-G at about 40 mph. He was too lazy to even drive smoothly - driving straight into the apex of corners then whipping the steering wheel. Even though I was no. 2 in the queue and driving a reasonably powerful car I couldn't get a chance to safely overtake.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

I avoid anything with front fog lights on. Its like holding up a sign saying you have no clue what you're at. I refuse to turn on my fog lights even when its foggy in case people think Im an idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭skinner2x

Max_Damage wrote: »
    I hate everyone.

Heheh :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

Anything with a SSanyong, Kia, Cheverowoo (Chevy-Daiwoo) or Tida badge on it, because of their owners general ignorance about cars. Its nice to sit there, however, knowing that their piece of crap car will have a 2nd hand value similar to that of bog roll.

Also any white Jap import, because they're skanger cars, lets be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

beertons wrote: »
    Now probably isn't a good time to announce I drive a golf, TDI. I couldn't care about the speed it does or doesn't do, it's comfy and economical for me. Saw a ford focus the other day with a type r badge on the back, idiot. No pic I'm afraid, wasn't prepared to pull in behind him for fear of dying laughing.

Hate all 3 series bmw's, fiats, and renaults. Kinda broad, I hate them all.

Leave the yummy mummys alone. Eye candy that good can drive/coast around in what they like. mmmmmmm

You still took the time to colour in the letters though - you must care!

This thread is going off topic a lot. Read the title - Cars you hate because of the people who drive them. "Not cars you hate" or "things you hate on the road".

• Registered Users Posts: 36 CapnMark

ronnie3585 wrote: »

Cocks car;
    Any convertible car. (Oh this will go down well with some:D)

Have to say I love my convertible BMW 318i :)

I especially love driving it in the middle of the road down the m50, smiling at the beautiful weather and waveing at the trail of overstressed bug-eyed gentlemen stuck behind me shouting incoherently for me to get off the road.

Bliss!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

VW Golf, any year or model. Sometimes you might come across someone driving one who is a decent driver, mostly they are cocky, up your arse types......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I can’t realy comment on the different cars, don’t much much about the different models tbh.

What I do hate are the L plates with the white plate trimmed off. You won’t get to sit your test like that so why even bother? :confused:
    Or them upside down or the wrong way around. Or even people who put them outside so they can peel away

Seriously, front left of the windscreen and back right of the rear window.
    Dunno, it makes me nervous. If they can’t get this right I just assume they are unpredictable and liable to swide swipe me at any second

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

Anan1 wrote: »
    Family saloons with with three antennae.

Mondeo LX yeah? I hate it when the drivers get out of their car to take pictures of other cars travelling down the motorway! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

Passanger versions of large SUVs
    Toyota Landcruisers, Range Rover, Nissan Patrols.
    Usually driven by short mothers of 2 child families living in quaint country cottages. you can be guaranteed that they will have the drivers seat so far forward the headrest stops the sunvisor from being lowered. Drive at 40mph on 2 lane country roads with one wheel across the white line and park with half the jeep out of the spot.

Also Nissan Tiida(whatever) always seem to be blue and double parked outside schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

OP, how about starting a poll with all the info collected so far?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 beegee1234

VH wrote: »
    boards motors threads plumbing new lows...

+1

beegee1234 wrote: »
    +1

how would someone with 37 posts know if this is a new low:rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

1) any car driven by someone wearing a hat of any kind (including baseball caps)
    2) any car with 2 or more women in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 beegee1234

Cyrus wrote: »
    how would someone with 37 posts know if this is a new low:rolleyes::pac:

Infrequent poster doesn't mean he doesn't visit boards.ie nearly everyday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭CPG

Dear god, guys is this a motor forum or a loose collection of people with nothing to do but moan about other road users, or drivers of marques you dislike. Please lets talk about cars like you have an interest in cars, if you need to get something off your chest please do it outside this forum, these type of threads end up being insulting and offensive to some.

Admins how about a moaning sub cat in the motors section, and leave the intelligent discussions in here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

CPG wrote: »
    leave the intelligent discussions in here.

It'll be a quiet forum, so. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

I always thought it to be a myth - but I'm beginning to think that BMW drivers are in fact jerks. Almost everyday now, I seem to get one in my mirrors, no matter speed I'm doing, light ablaze. As someone else wrote, I'm sure they have that, 'Get out of my way - I'm in a BMW you know' thought in their head. And it seems to be happening more of late than ever before. All I can assume is that they are angry because they are behind on their payments, and are rushing home to the freezer to open a new tub of ice-cream to console themselves, because, that's what the nouveau-rich, salmon-coloured tie-wearing guys do.. Pink, pin-stripe shirts also - Niceee...

The boy-racers are generally the slowest around my area - indeed they seem to spend more time at the petrol-station polishing their beloved trolleys than actually driving aggressively - which is nice.

Audi drivers should be bad - but they seem ok.

Mercs - I never notice them - so they must be ok.

Saabs - a rare breed - I feel like saluting when one overtakes.

Volvos - I admire their 'eff off, I couldnt care less if my car is 16 years old' attitude.

Vectras - angry people!

Mondeos - not so angry!

Old Golf drivers: I like 'em.
    Young Golf drivers: ****ing *******.

Minis - not driven as fast as they should be. Drivers spend too much time looking in rear view mirror - which is angled at themselves. Must try harder. Less hair gel.

Old Mini - there's one or two of these still nipping around near me - inc. 1 driven by a hot girl who obviously watched the Italian Job a few times - she is constantly jumping from lane to lane and overtaking wherever she can. Whoever she is. I love her!!!

But for me, the ultimate steath-speedster car is: Citroen. Anytime I'm driving Dublin to Waterford route - no matter what time/day - I will always get overtaken by a Citroen. It doesn't matter if it's a Xsara or C5 - they're always flying!!! Especially the C5 (old one btw!). Now think, how often do you see C5s in city? Not too often, but get onto those backroads, and suddenly the Citroen appears raging war upon all those who drive at the speed limit.

Just like Saab owners, Citroen drivers, I salute you.

(work is pretty boring today...)

Edit: I don't drive, I fly.

Dear god, guys is this a motor forum or a loose collection of people with nothing to do but moan about other road users, or drivers of marques you dislike. Please lets talk about cars like you have an interest in cars, if you need to get something off your chest please do it outside this forum, these type of threads end up being insulting and offensive to some.

Admins how about a moaning sub cat in the motors section, and leave the intelligent discussions in here.

good lord, pot, kettle...

superjosh9 wrote: »
    good lord, pot, kettle...

There is a difference between constructive criticism, and moaning, superjosh9 great contribution by the way, keep up the good work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

a lot of superior sounding posters here

maybe everybody should edit their posts to include what car they currently drive?

superjosh9 wrote: »
    I always thought it to be a myth - but I'm beginning to think that BMW drivers are in fact jerks. Almost everyday now, I seem to get one in my mirrors, no matter speed I'm doing, light ablaze. As someone else wrote, I'm sure they have that, 'Get out of my way - I'm in a BMW you know' thought in their head. And it seems to be happening more of late than ever before. All I can assume is that they are angry because they are behind on their payments, and are rushing home to the freezer to open a new tub of ice-cream to console themselves, because, that's what the nouveau-rich, salmon-coloured tie-wearing guys do.. Pink, pin-stripe shirts also - Niceee...

maybe you are just in their way :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I agree with the horses one. Why does every horse box have to say "horses" on the back? God forbid someone might think there's cows in the back!
    Any car except Dodge Vipers with 2 stripes going the lenght of the car. I saw a yellow Punto with them! Also saw a heap of **** 15 year old Daihatsu Charade with them which was so bad I think the owner did it for a laugh.

What about womens cars with Playboy Bunny stickers in the back window. These women are always ugly

dubmick wrote: »

maybe everybody should edit their posts to include what car they currently drive?

Own Volvo 850 T5, Volvo 480 2.0, Volvo 480 Turbo, and two fiats, plus a winter project, 1 x integrale.

Quint wrote: »
    What about womens cars with Playboy Bunny stickers in the back window. These women are always ugly

I'm gonna start winking at them. Every single time. And stare too... And then shout at them at the traffic lights, 'I'm not wearing any pants! I can't find my pants!'

That's what they get!

Own Volvo 850 T5... plus a winter project, 1 x integrale.

yes! nice one!

• Advertisement

dubmick wrote: »

what do YOU drive?

are you annoyed TDI driver?? :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement