Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spoilers

Options
  • 13-08-2008 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭

I dunno if this is particular to just me, but the contents of spoilers in posts are sent in thread notification emails, which kinda...I dunno, spoils things a bit :)

This one for example: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56888682&postcount=13

Has anyone else noticed this? Is it meant to work that way?

thanks

P
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I get them in emails too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Raam wrote: »
    Wouldn't be much content in that email if they took the spoiler out if it!

Doesn't the subject line say what thread has been posted in? If you know it's a thread that might have spoilers (and one usually does) then don't open it. From a tech pov, every recipient would need HTML mail enabled to even enable the adding of spoiler tags to emails methinks.
    Internal affairs were in on it all along...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Dades wrote: »
    Wouldn't be much content in that email if they took the spoiler out if it!

Doesn't the subject line say what thread has been posted in? If you know it's a thread that might have spoilers (and one usually does) then don't open it. From a tech pov, every recipient would need HTML mail enabled to even enable the adding of spoiler tags to emails methinks.
    Internal affairs were in on it all along...

T'would be better to exclude spoiler content from the emails completely. If that means a notification email doesn't have much in it, so be it. The email notification could say that the post contains spolier information leaving you free not to click the link to load the thread. From my perspective, I had subscribed to the thread and gmail notifier threw up a notification, as it does, showing some vital part of the spoiler.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Raam wrote: »
    From my perspective, I had subscribed to the thread and gmail notifier threw up a notification, as it does, showing some vital part of the spoiler.
    Interesting - never thought about that setup alright. I don't use it myself!

Advertisement