Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money deducted from security deposit - advice please

Options
  • 13-08-2008 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

I would really appreciate any advice on this one,

I have had money deducted from my security deposit, because my apartment wasn't clean enough for them.

Has this happened to you?
    Is there anyway out of it.

It's such a rip-off!! :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭rosiec

Unless you left the place in a real state or they had specific cleaning requirments that you didnt fill then i'd contact Threshold to see where you stand. Landlords usually have to give specific reasons as to why they deducted money from your deposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Some landlords do it as a matter of course. In my case its only a small amount, so I won't bother cleaning at all for about a month before I do actually leave....I think they are supposed to have this in advance, unless there is something in writing.

Advertisement