Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to improve my warlock

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Elitist Jerks will give loads of information about what is best to use for your lock.

I'd really suggest going into Magisters Terrace with a good group. Don't worry about doing too much damage, as you can be used mostly for crowd control (Succubus for seduce, Banish for demons, and on a very rare occassion when the area is cleared for the 5v5 3rd boss fight, fear can be used).

Here you can get the Dagger from the first boss, and some nice drops from the last boss. If you get attuned the +12 dmg gem is very nice to have - best used in the Belt of Blasting if you can save for it or get the mats. To be honest you're really best saving your money to buy that first.

Secondly - don't worry TOO much about the FWS. You can get better drops from Magisters. The FW Boots you'll keep till you're doing much higher level instances. Socket it with +spell dmg. Belt of blasting you'll not need to replace till around T6 or higher.

Firstly for around 30g you can buy Crimson Robe from the auction house. It's got nice +spell hit, and nice +spell dmg. You can use this in the meantime while you're trying to get the Robe and Shoulders drop from Magister's Terrace.

Get into some very easy heroics, or some guild Kara runs and save yourself up some badges. Yeah you can go for the Icon of the silver cresent, or you can get yourself the Wand from badges - again you won't relace that till around Mount Hyjal.

The gloves you have are fine - you may resocket over time based on the rest of your gear, so i'd only worry about the stuff you're going to keep until around T6.

While you're mainly affliction I wouldn't worry too much about +spell hit. The amount of times you're going to get the shadowbolt from Nightfall, there's little chance a miss would make a big difference. Really consider sticking with mostly affliction until around +800 spell dmg, then rework more for +spellhit to around 140, and work your way up to 202 while gaining +spell dmg. Switch at +800 shadow damage, to a 0/21/40 destruction build.

As for instance runs - don't use curse of Agony. The mobs'll go down too fast and it'll be a waste of mana. Use steady damage dots, and life drain is never really a bad thing. Your imp will be the biggest help, or succubus depending on the mobs. For boss fights, you may use CoA, or maybe even curse of Doom. You can you www.maxdps.com to put in your stats, and your build, and work out what you're going to average on damage, and what the best rotation and gear upgrades are.

Just remember as well - even in end game high level raiding, affliction warlocks are very useful, and if used right, can do nearly as much damage as a high crit, capped spellhit, high spelldmg destruction warlock. Just like a shadow priest in a 25 man raid, it's all about the debuffs.

P.S. Your 5/5 Suppression only works for affliction spells, not destruction. That means you only have +114 spell hit for your shadow bolts. However, you now are OVER capped on +spell hit for affliction, and you can drop some points out of Suppression. I can't remember what the number is though. I think it's around 94 you can have 5/5, 102 4/5 or something like that. Check it out on Elitist Jerks.

Advertisement