Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mother charged with starving her child to death

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭the glass woman

I think i remember hearing about that when it happened. Apparently the neighbours realised what was happening when they saw the children sneaking out to eat the stale bread left out for the birds. Shocking altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

I remember, it was recent enough but not that much was made of it. Very frightening thing to hear. You kind of think that children only die of hunger in third world countries and in westernised developed countries they're safe from hunger with all of the social welfare systems we have in place. The parents should be placed through a psychological evaluation programme, anyone who can let a child die like that is a sick sick person in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

as my hubby always says people should be chemically castrated until they are old enough to have kids and have passed an evaulation lol. but really i think once people like this have been exposed not only should their right ot have children be taken away (surgically) but also they should have a big tattoo on the forehead saying "child abuser"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭suzi-suz

there was a child not so long ago found wondering the streets in a town in louth,hes was 4yrs old i think the garda picked him up rummaging in a bin looking for food,they took him home to find a baby not a year old lying in a filthy cot with no adults to be seen. when asked where his mother was the child said she had gone out the night before and had not come back,he was out looking for food for himself and his wee sister.

it broke my heart to read this,people like that should never be allowed to have kids. ok they have them and then realise they cant look after them,so give them a decent life with someone who can. there is no need for things like this to happen now adays.:mad:

Advertisement