Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was banned from personal issues unfairly! - Hayley_2008

Options
  • 13-08-2008 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I was banned from one of the forums.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=56889770#post56889770

above is the link to the thread

I think it was unfairly so and the person i posted about took my comment up wrong and i didnt get a chance to explain exactly what i meant to defend myself before i was banned. I've now been banned for a week (fair enough its only a week) but i completely think it was unfair.

I dont mind going into details over PM but could someone please hear my case or does anyone know how i could get in contact with someone so my side is heard (the mod who banned me told me to try here...)

Thanks, Hayley

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Suggesting the withdrawal method as a form of contraception is idiotic in the extreem.
    I decided you were trolling because the alternative doesn't bare thinking about.
    After that comment, coupled with a warning I gave you in another thread where you also were trolling, I decided a week off would do you good.

When you come back, read the forum charter and stick to the rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 hayley_2008

I am entitled to my own opinion as for this trolling you speak of i was simply discussing another view on the issue, maybe it wasn't correct or safe but it is still an opinion that deserves to be heard.

I have seen numerous complaints about you so my advice is that you moderate the boards but do not try to plough over peoples opinions or get people to gang up on other people & then throw them away just cause they have a different view, that is not fair & is an abuse of the power that boards.ie have given to you.

Oh and I have included the true definition of moderate below as i believe you have most certainly forgotten it.

/adj., n. ˈmɒdthinsp.pngərthinsp.pngɪt, ˈmɒdthinsp.pngrɪt; v. ˈmɒdthinsp.pngəˌreɪt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation
    mod·er·ate
    1.kept or keeping within reasonable or proper limits; not extreme, excessive, or intense: a moderate price.
    2.of medium quantity, extent, or amount: a moderate income.
    3.mediocre or fair: moderate talent.
    4.calm or mild, as of the weather.
    5.of or pertaining to moderates, as in politics or religion. –noun
    6.a person who is moderate in opinion or opposed to extreme views and actions, esp. in politics or religion.
    7.(usually initial capital letterthinsp.png) a member of a political party advocating moderate reform. –verb (used with object)
    8.to reduce the excessiveness of; make less violent, severe, intense, or rigorous: to moderate the sharpness of one's words.
    9.to preside over or at (a public forum, meeting, discussion, etc.). –verb (used without object)
    10.to become less violent, severe, intense, or rigorous.
    11.to act as moderator; preside.
    [Origin: 1350–1400; ME moderate (adj.), moderaten (v.) < L moderātus (ptp. of moderārī to restrain, control), equiv. to moderā- v. s. (see modest) + -tus ptp. suffixthinsp.png]

Cheers, Hayley

I am entitled to my own opinion as for this trolling you speak of i was simply discussing another view on the issue, maybe it wasn't correct or safe but it is still an opinion that deserves to be heard.

I disagree.
    When someone is asking for help on this subject, suggesting the withdrawal method as a form of contraception is extreemly unhelpful.
    If this is something you actually use during sex on a regular basis, then I expect you'll be a parent very soon. Dismaying, all things considered.

I will repeat, you were warned already on another thread for your trolling, your 'withdrawal' comment was the last straw.
    I have seen numerous complaints about

Really? You registered yesterday. Where are all these complaints you speak of?
    my advice is that you moderate the boards but do not try to plough over peoples opinions or get people to gang up on other people & then throw them away just cause they have a different view, that is not fair & is an abuse of the power that boards.ie have given to you.

I'll be sure to take all that on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That depends on the forum. The personal issues forum is where people seek advice about their problems. If someone is continually giving misrepresented, wrong or downright dangerous advice, then it's only right that they should be prevented from contributing to the forum.

It's very rare that access is removed on these grounds, because as you point out, most of the time it's just someone's opinion, which very difficult to paint as "wrong". However, when you post something which is clearly inflammatory and continue to claim that it's OK, even after others have provided evidence that you're 100% wrong, we're getting into the bad/dangerous advice territory.

It's only a week. When it's up, I suggest you think about the advice you're giving and perhaps do some reading on a topic before you wade in and give your advice, to ensure that what you're saying is even close to correct.
    I have seen numerous complaints about you
    Care to provide some examples?
    Oh and I have included the true definition of moderate below as i believe you have most certainly forgotten it.
    The dictionary meaning is irrelevant here as the word "moderator" means something different on internet forums than in real life.

seamus wrote: »
    The dictionary meaning is irrelevant here as the word "moderator" means something different on internet forums than in real life.

That pretty much sums up this whole deluded boards.ie concept for me then... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

That pretty sums up this whole deluded boards.ie concept for me then... :rolleyes:
    What does? That it's an internet forum which asks you back up your opinion? :confused:

I was merely dicussing my opinion & my personal experience on an issue. God help anyone who dares to do that.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by seamus viewpost.gif

Please explain your reasoning for the above?

I was merely dicussing my opinion & my personal experience on an issue. God help anyone who dares to do that.
    Continue to ignore our above posts, then. That'll be productive.
    Please explain your reasoning for the above?
    Because it does. If I said, "The sky is blue", would you ask me to explain my reasoning for saying that?

Here is the most relevant definition I can find
    http://foldoc.org/index.cgi?query=moderator&action=Search
    Which still doesn't cover the entire meaning.

In the context of boards, this is what a moderator does:
    http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Moderator

Its worth noting that I'm only humouring you here. I'm going to siteban you anyway because you've already had numerous accounts banned from this site.

I'm going to siteban you anyway because you've already had numerous accounts banned from this site.

Nice work seamus. I had my suspicions.

Continue to ignore our above posts, then. That'll be productive.
    Because it does. If I said, "The sky is blue", would you ask me to explain my reasoning for saying that?

Here is the most relevant definition I can find
    http://foldoc.org/index.cgi?query=moderator&action=Search
    Which still doesn't cover the entire meaning.

I dont see anything in that definition about being sarcastic or getting people to gang up on people who post etc

I dont agree with the rude way in which I was banned

Im disappointed in these boards, I was only trying to express my personal experience, no need to get all hot & heavy on me.

• Advertisement

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Nice work seamus. I had my suspicions.

sad pathetic woman:rolleyes:

sad pathetic woman:rolleyes:

Yes. Very sad. Almost as sad as signing up loads of accounts to troll this site.
    We know where you work by the way, would your boss think this is a good way to spend your working day? Would he be happy to know he's paying you to troll this site?

Advertisement