Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cloth nappies

Options
  • 13-08-2008 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

my daughter is due her 3rd child in November and I have told her I will get her some cloth nappies for her new baby. does anyone know where I can get them. I believe that there are some modern one out now with plastic included.
    any advice
    ta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Good on you and your daughter, Gubby! My older two were reared in cloth nappies, but I didn't bother for my third.
    Mothercare in Blanchardstown stock terry nappies and plastic pants, and anything else you need for cloth nappies - liners, Napisan, safety pins. I did buy one of the nappies you mention there, but I'm not sure if they still sell them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

kelle wrote: »
    Good on you and your daughter, Gubby! My older two were reared in cloth nappies, but I didn't bother for my third.
    Mothercare in Blanchardstown stock terry nappies and plastic pants, and anything else you need for cloth nappies - liners, Napisan, safety pins. I did buy one of the nappies you mention there, but I'm not sure if they still sell them.
    ya mothercare is the best place to get them, might also find them in a pharmacy somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭fruitbat

My brother used something like these for their baby and found them really good.

www.bambinomio.com

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

The Baby Orchard in Cork does a large range of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

My sister used to run a cloth nappy business, there are a number of irish based on line stores to get everything you would need for them.

a few ... littlecomfort.com ... thenaturalbabyresorse.co.uk ... naturesnursery.ie

try googling them.

But you can certainly get a much easier version now... I had my nephew to stay over a couple of times while he was still in nappies and found them very simple and easy to use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Mothercare have cloth nappies. But the one thing which I thought made a huge difference was these gadgets http://www.nappinippas.co.uk/nappi-nippas.htm. They do away with nappy pins and make putting on the nappy so much easier.

Also useful is a bucket with a lid. Dump dirty nappies into the bucket, when it's full, tip into the washing machine.

There are some preformed nappies out there, but I found them a pain in the behind. Much more inclined to leak, and took forever to dry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Dfens

Some options here www.ecoware.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Geordie_Girl

There are loads more options than just flat terries now. Have a look at www.naturesnursery.ie (also have a shop in Tallaght), www.thebabyorchard.com and www.thenaturalbabyresource.com. No need for pins/nippas with most types, you can get them with poppers or velcro. They're shaped just like disposables so no fiddly folding to get the hang of :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭dosed

modern cloth nappies are alot different from traditional ones, theres no pins or plastic pants or complicated folding.
    you can buy them shaped just like a disposable one, with velcro tabs and a waterproof layer built in. alot of them have an 'insert' which you stuff with an absorbant material. this means they can be dried speratley which is alot easier, also you can control th absorbancy, eg: more for nighttime.
    Also they are really cute! nice fabrics and designs.
    I dont know how easy they are to get in ireland, but they are certainly widley available on the internet. Kinda pricey, but a great investment in th long run!
    google ' pocket diapers' for some info and pictures.

Advertisement