Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Carina keeps fooging up

Options
  • 13-08-2008 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭

Younger brother bought a 97 Carina recently. Great car, great engine etc But the condensation/fog builds up something terrible if it rains. He's tried changing the air intake settings, fan speeds, windows down etc but it's still gets pretty fooged up regardless. Is there something wrong with the air filter or what could be the problem. I've heard older Toyota's tend to fog up but his car becomes almost undrivable with all the windows fogged up.

Any ideas ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

hmm, could be a leak in the door seals, cold air from outside meeting the warm inside causes condensation...

just buy a windscreen cleaning cloth form halford or simular as a quick fix for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Is there a pollen filter in the car? Sometimes these get damp for whatever reason, meaning all the air coming in through the ventilation system comes in saturated with water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

The Airflow on the temp controls is set to direct and no re-circulate isn't it?

Had the exact same problem with a 97 Corolla and that was the reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

John_Mc wrote: »
    The Airflow on the temp controls is set to direct and no re-circulate isn't it?

Had the exact same problem with a 97 Corolla and that was the reason

+1

Also direct the airfow to the windscreen with fan on full & temp setting to hottest point.

turn back when it starts to get un comfortible.

any water getting into the car?? damp mats, floor carpet etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

+1 on the pollen filter. My old Mazda used to do that. Replaced it and everything was in order.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

+1 on the pollen filter. My old Mazda used to do that. Replaced it and everything was in order.

didn;t think there was 1 in the carinas but appears there is .. somewhere on the drivers side close to the clutch pedal may have to pull back the carpet to get at it .

Advertisement