Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up Wireless Bridge - Help!

Options
  • 13-08-2008 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to set up a wireless bridge. I'm new to the whole router tinkering scene, therefore not entire sure of what I'm doing hopefully someone can help.

I have a Netopia 2247-02 Router (From Eircom BB) and a recently acquired Belkin F5D7633-4 Router. The Netopia is the Access Point and I intend to use the Belkin as bridge.

According to this site, the belkin is indicated that it can work as bridge.

As for the netopia it seems to support bridging too. When I go into the router setting. In expert mode > configure > connection > it has option for bridging and also concurrent bridging/routing

The information with regards to setting up bridging for these two routers are particularly limited. Can anyone help as to how do I go about setting it up?

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

ugh Belkin...

If you can, take it back and swap it for something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Could your explain your current network and what you're trying to achieve.

Do you have 2 separate wired LAN's that you're trying to connect using wireless bridging?..

Do you want to extend the reach of a current wireless LAN?..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭lau1247

Sean_K wrote: »
    ugh Belkin...

If you can, take it back and swap it for something else.

Got it for free.. from my cousin..

accensi0n wrote: »
    Could your explain your current network and what you're trying to achieve.

Do you have 2 separate wired LAN's that you're trying to connect using wireless bridging?..

Do you want to extend the reach of a current wireless LAN?..

The last one: Trying to extend the reach of a current wireless..

Basically I have the netopia (from eircom) connected to the phone line in the living room.. A pc is connected to the netopia router (Wired)..

I myself have a laptop on wireless and connection is very bad (Because it is a good bit away from the netopia router).. Therefore I'm trying to use the Belkin to extend the range.. something like a repeater

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Advertisement