Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming PC games

Options
  • 13-08-2008 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭

August 27, 2008 Penumbra : Requiem
    August 29, 2008 S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
    August 31, 2008 Mercenaries 2: World in Flames

September 7, 2008 Spore
    September 16, 2008 Crysis Warhead
    September 16, 2008 Witcher: Enhanced Edition, The
    September 23, 2008 Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway
    September 26, 2008 Dark Horizon
    September 30, 2008 Rise of the Argonauts

October 1, 2008 Far Cry 2
    October 1, 2008 Project Origin
    October 7, 2008 Fallout 3
    October 14, 2008 Saints Row 2
    October 21, 2008 Ghostbusters: The Video Game
    October 28, 2008 Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

November 11, 2008 Call of Duty: World at War
    November 11, 2008 Mirror’s Edge
    November 17, 2008 Left 4 Dead
    November 18, 2008 Prince of Persia
    November 18, 2008 Grand Theft Auto IV

Some good ones coming up :) what is on your wish list?

My top 5 in no particular order

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
    Call of Duty: World at War
    Grand Theft Auto IV
    Fallout 3
    Far Cry 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I thought the ghostbusters game got canned?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

You missed The Sims Apartment Life :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Stephen wrote: »
    I thought the ghostbusters game got canned?
    http://pc.ign.com/articles/884/884511p1.html

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

And to think people say the PC only has two genres, FPS and RTS.

What madness......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I can see quite a few of them being delayed tbh (Prince of Persia and Mirror's Edge for sure), but i'm most looking forward to...

Far Cry 2
    Fallout 3
    Red Alert 3
    Spore
    Prince of Persia (Assuming its not delayed)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I actually had a dream I was playing Left4Dead a while ago. I was being chased by a bearded zombie. Hopefully the real life port will be as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

aww crap, when I seen Project Origin I got it confused with Project Offset :(

It would be sweet if we got to see Project Offset by the end of the year, but I highly doubt it

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Out of the OP's list, I'm particularly looking forward to Stalker, Spore, Fallout (May not be as good as hoped) and Left 4 Dead.

As for what's not on his list - I think that new Colonization game is due out in September I think, which will be an immediate buy.

Also, Warhammer online might just be the next good mmorpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I'm pretty sure spore won't be delayed I think it's gona gold a while now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I can only see one game I'd be interested in.

November 11, 2008 Mirror’s Edge.

Saints Row 2 but that will be for the ps3, deffo console game.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I didn't know there was a new stalker game coming out so soon. Sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well:

Stalker: clear sky - it will be good, i know it
    SPORE - alot of noise, lets hope it will be atleast decent.
    Fallout 3 - mine favorites games sequal ( fallout2 - BEST EVER rpg). I just hope they wount trash it, like they did oblivion.
    Red alert 2 - just whant some good rts
    Starcraft 2 - Cant wait for it, it will be epic!!!
    Diablo 3 - AWSOME! Old school RPG , that what we need in world of mmos!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

stalker has actually been pushed back by a week,its now been released 5th of september.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I had no idea there was so many good releases coming, my wallet is gonna feel this

August 29, 2008 S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
    September 7, 2008 Spore
    September 16, 2008 Crysis Warhead
    October 1, 2008 Far Cry 2
    October 7, 2008 Fallout 3
    November 11, 2008 Call of Duty: World at War
    November 18, 2008 Grand Theft Auto IV

Im starting to notice the pattern of annual release dates; sell crap for over half the year then release the good stuff in the 4th quarter. They never seem to release any big titles over the summer
    stalker has actually been pushed back by a week,its now been released 5th of september.
    Boo-urns!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That's probably a good thing. It's my birthday on the 30th. I've got the 30th and 31st off. I probably would have spent it playing stalker instead of going out for it. :D

As long as it comes soon, i dont care, if they need the time, take it!!!

I did not knew there is so many fans of it, specially when western game websites did not that good reviews. You know it is made by russians?

I knew about this game 3 years before it was released! And when it got released mine pc was good only for loading screen :( . Now i got some decent rig, so thats the job :D.

i think 2 moust waited games for me: fallout 3 and stalker: clear sky. I just love nuclear waste land theme!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kermitdfrog

I did not knew there is so many fans of it, specially when western game websites did not that good reviews. You know it is made by russians?
    I don't mean to be a smart arse, but they are Ukrainian actually.

Really good line up! I was despairing about the current crop of PC games for much of this year, constituting as it did console knock offs, multi-format crap and not much else. But jesus patience is rewarded! I can see STALKER, GTA IV, Spore, Left 4 Dead, Prince of Persia, Crysis Warhead and Far Cry 2 putting a serious dent in the social life as well as the wallet.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I don't mean to be a smart arse, but they are Ukrainian actually

Just in case anyone is wondering, the basis for the game - the utterly brilliant book 'Roadside Picnic' and the film 'Stalker' (adapted from the book) - was written by the Russian brothers Boris and Arkady Strugatsky and later adapted into the film 'Stalker' directed by Andrei Tarkovsky, again a Russian. I would heartily recommend reading the book before John Travolta and and co unleash what can only be anticipated as a cinematic travesty upon us.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

red alert 2 and starcraft 2 ^^

ill be LANning mostly me thinks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

sweet line-up.

just finished stalker so looking forward to clear sky

i really want to play like 12 of those listed.
    dont think ive ever looked forward to so many games in such a short amount of time.

i think end of this month will be the perfect time for a nice new gfx card :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

really looking forward to Spore, Stalker, Red Alert 3, and Crysis Warheard.

Also really looking forward to Mirror's Edge, but that will most likely be a console buy for me. Just seems like a better fit on a console.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Spore is the only one I'm even mildly interested in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

I don't mean to be a smart arse, but they are Ukrainian actually.

Really good line up! I was despairing about the current crop of PC games for much of this year, constituting as it did console knock offs, multi-format crap and not much else. But jesus patience is rewarded! I can see STALKER, GTA IV, Spore, Left 4 Dead, Prince of Persia, Crysis Warhead and Far Cry 2 putting a serious dent in the social life as well as the wallet.....

Lol my bad m8, ty for correction ;) .

they said 2007 was good year, look at 2008! Just so many cool games coming out this year, mine woman will ban me from home defenetly :D

p.s. Stalker is EPIC! And they will make even more EPIC "clear sky" . those boys know what they doing.

FreeOSCAR wrote: »

m8 are you ordering from this website games? They delever to ireland aswell? how long do you need to wait for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Looking forward to Spore and Prince of Persia.

Would be looking forward to others except I never played Far Cry 2 / Crysis.
    Good upcoming games though!

🤪

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Branoic why would you think Mirrors Edge is more suited to a console than a PC?. Its a game in the first person perspective and they tend to be better suited to the PC. Also PC version will probably be cheaper too.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Dammit.

Stalker is delayed to Q1 next year.

Dammit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ffs!you gotta be joking me :eek:

Advertisement