Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water noise keeping me awake - Help!

Options
  • 13-08-2008 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi all,

The exterior window sill for my bedroom window is made of plastic I think (it's quite hollow when I tap it). Anyway, anytime it rains it's "tip tap tip tap" (as the rain hits it) which is literally driving me insane at night. I put a towel across it one night and this cured the problem - is there anything else I can put across it / stick to it?

Many thanks in advance for your advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

A nice lovely window box full of nice lovely flowers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭DaveBH

Simple yet brilliant solution - Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bibibobo

DaveBH wrote: »
    Hi all,

The exterior window sill for my bedroom window is made of plastic I think (it's quite hollow when I tap it). Anyway, anytime it rains it's "tip tap tip tap" (as the rain hits it) which is literally driving me insane at night. I put a towel across it one night and this cured the problem - is there anything else I can put across it / stick to it?

Many thanks in advance for your advice

Have a very similar problem at tbe moment. The rain drops falling onto the flashing around the chimney which is made of Aluminium. The noise would drive you daft. Insulating the attic pitched ceiling and the floor should help. The only solution in your case is probably to replace it with a concrete cill but sure thats a big job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭DaveBH

The Window box did the trick brilliantly! Peace and quiet restored........

Advertisement