Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

syllabus for leaving cert 09 help

Options
  • 13-08-2008 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

hey all,
    congrats to you all on the results btw,seems like most of you have done pretty well.

i'm repeating my leaving this year,i first did it two years ago ,didnt know what i wanted to do at the time and i didnt really care either but anyway i've decided to repeat beacuse i want to do midwifery.
    my question is what is on the syllabus for english,irish,and german?i know for sure that the english texts and poetry are all different from 2006,well except for elizabeth bishop on the poetry section.
    if anyone could help it would be great,need to know what im letting myself in for:o
    im doing higher english,pass irish and higher german
    thanks a mill;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Here's the full 2009 English syllabus.

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:KIX6PAORVSwJ:english.slss.ie/resources/Course%2520Content%25202009(6).doc+english+syllabus+2009&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=ie

The prescribed poets for HL are:

Bishop
    Keats
    Larkin
    Longley
    Mahon
    Montague
    Rich
    Walcott

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Go to www.education.ie

on the left click 'Curriculum, syllabus and teaching guides'

further down on the list of subjects click 'prescribed material for exams in 08 09 10'.

then lick your subject

you can also get information on the individual subjects by clicking on the big list

did i explain that well? dunno

enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

thanks guys/girls;)
    yep pathway ,explained it grand,except i'll click my subjects instead of lick them thanks:D:D
    my god i got a lot of learnin to cram in this year!!

no prob......curious to know why you would do pass irish when you're repeating. you know that even though your points have to come from one sitting, your matriculation requirements can come from combined sittings. of course if you failed irish then you probably have to do it but just saying in case you didn't know. or maybe you intend getting an A1 in pass and a sweet 60 points :D

and it is a good idea to lick your books. information goes in quicker :P

i got a B2 last time in ordinary irish,i dont have a clue what matriculation means????????:eek:
    would love to think i could get an A1 in irish but the aural lets me down and the oral,not really any way to guarantee an A1 there for me cause im crap at irish,i can do the learning no problem and write it all down but apart from that i dont know!!:confused: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

matriculation means the minimum requirements you have to satisfy for your course. For level 8 honours degrees its usually 2HC3s and 4OD3. Trinity is 3HC3. For level 7 Ordinary degree and level 6 higher certificate its 5OD3.

points only come into play because demand for places outstrips supply. if you type your course into www.qualifax.ie it will tell you what you need. Better still go to the college website.

You are doing more than 2 honours subjects aren't you? :D

ummm no ,well i was looking for my 6th year notes there last night,so far have only found my biology ones,so was thinking of just doing biology!!:Dprobably still wouldnt get an A1:eek:

leesmom wrote: »
    ummm no ,well i was looking for my 6th year notes there last night,so far have only found my biology ones,so was thinking of just doing biology!!:Dprobably still wouldnt get an A1:eek:

so if you get say :D

German Honours A1
    English Honours A1
    Biology Honours A2
    Irish Pass A1

Thats 350 points. Is that enough for your course?

nope,i need at least 410 for trinity or ucd,dundalk do the course aswell and its 340 points but i want to stay in dublin:rolleyes:
    looks like im going to have my books permanently attatched to me from september to may instead of being proud of myself that i actually made it to school that day and awarding myself with evernight off homework(and every weekend):rolleyes:
    i am very determined this time though:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 ryanj

sent you a pm concerning 6th year

• Advertisement
Advertisement