Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance !

• 13-08-2008 4:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭

I am wondering if anyone knows or can recommend online car insurance comparison sites for Ireland please ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Online is not always cheaper, try phoning as well, but these can be competitive:

http://www.ryanaircarinsurance.com/ (provided by FBD Insurance)
    www.allianz.ie (€65 off online)
    http://www.tesco.ie/finance/carinsurance/index.html (provided by Hibernian)
    www.quinn-direct.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

I have found Allianz Direct to be unbeatable - at least for my profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

sunny2004 wrote: »
    I am wondering if anyone knows or can recommend online car insurance comparison sites for Ireland please ?

Try www.bestquote.ie, also the AA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

podge3 wrote: »
    I have found Allianz Direct to be unbeatable - at least for my profile.

+1 on that. Rang them today and got a further good will discount reducing my insurance by €22.50 :), and Mrs Qs by €120 :D (and before that they were still the best quotes we had gotten)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

try Aib...got mine for 270 yo yos....happy me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭FrCrilly

sunny2004 wrote: »

Insure.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

FrCrilly wrote: »
    Insure.ie.

+1

Their quote knocked about 400 euros off Tescos and it was fully comp against 3rd party. Went through insure.ie.

If you visit their site make sure you turn down the volume on your compu or you will get. "Insure dot ie.. insure dot ie, just be sure to be insured with insure dot ie.. " sigh.. horrible jingle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,184 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Brittons Insurance in Donegal is very popular. Online quotes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Axa zurich (formerly eagle star) and AIG are others to try, I'm sure there are others but I can't think of any more off the top of my head!

Also ring all the companies you can find, don't just ring company X and say 'jaysus, they beat my renewal quote by €100, happy days', by ringing company Y they might beat it by more. Most companies have freephone numbers so it won't cost you anything to ring

• Advertisement

Just on the point of Brittons insurance I got my renewal from FBD a couple of days ago with a crazy price of €651 and when I rang them they said they would drop €11 of the price :eek:

Brittons are now giving me the same cover for €302.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

muffler wrote: »
    Just on the point of Brittons insurance I got my renewal from FBD a couple of days ago with a crazy price of €651 and when I rang them they said they would drop €11 of the price :eek:

Brittons are now giving me the same cover for €302.

Yes but what about when someone actually crashes, do these cheaper companies pay out.

cronos wrote: »
    Yes but what about when someone actually crashes, do these cheaper companies pay out.
    That doesn't even warrant a response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

UPDATE

I rang them all, and the cheapest for my profile and good looks in general were Quinn direct who beat the nearest by 100 euros !

Go figure...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

Ill have 2 years NCB but it was in years 2003-2005 does it give me discount in any insurance company (most of them only accept from 2 years past)

Advertisement