Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Consenser Dryer-need to put pressure on door for it to work !!!!!

• 13-08-2008 5:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

I've a Hoover Nextra Sensor Dry Condenser Tumble Dryer - Model HNC270 7.5kg.

Its coming up to four years old .... It has hardly been used - was never really much good :rolleyes: anyway, it has stopped working .... when I turn it on it beeps.... and if I press the 'On' button it lights up and the red light (arrow) flashes at the start icon..... (the synthetic button also light up when I press it...) but no action ........ I've cleaned the filter.... emptied the water tank... took out the condeser thingy at the bottom and cleaned it out etc.... can't think of what else to do....

As the rain looks like it will never stop and I'm stony broke .. I was wondering if anyone could give me a 'magic fix' ?!... or anything I could try before I consider buying a new one (Think I'll get someone to knock hole through my wall and get a vented one as the condenser ones I've seen are very expensive)...

Thanks for any help. :o

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

at the back of where the water containers slide into there is a microswitch which tells the machine the container is back in place.

Sometimes over time these can start to get a bit iffy. Believe it or not about 7 times out of 10 a good solid slam on the water container as it's sliding back in can re-engage the micro switch and have you back working in no time.

Other than that you'll need a pro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭justagirl

miju wrote: »
    at the back of where the water containers slide into there is a microswitch which tells the machine the container is back in place.

Sometimes over time these can start to get a bit iffy. Believe it or not about 7 times out of 10 a good solid slam on the water container as it's sliding back in can re-engage the micro switch and have you back working in no time.

Other than that you'll need a pro.

Thanks for that miju.... have tried what you suggested..... no joy:( .... ... i'm wondering now if its worth my while to call someone out - do you have an idea of how much a call out charge/parts would be ?... or should I just bite the bullet and get a new one in time?...

Complete nightmare with all this 'grand soft' :rolleyes: weather we have been having!! Txs.

I've given it one last 'bash' (so to speak!!).....

When I turn the dryer on and put pressure on the door - it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brilliant !!!!!

Now, anyone any idea how I fix this or should I just bring in a cuppa and hold the door until all dry!!!!! ....

Wippee!!!!!!! Miju - you gave me the idea about the sensors... thank you.

I figured out that if I put pressure on the top middle of door it worked .... there is a plastic thing sticking out of the door there and a silver plate on the actual machine - so I figured it wasn't making the connection... so I placed a layer of trusty masking tape on the plastic thing and lo and behold it now makes the connection and works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm thrilled!!!!....:D

Update:.... it stopped working...:-(.... BUT... i cut a tiny piece of plastic off the plastic ring that is on a cordial bottle... and placed it on the tip of the plastic thingy and secured with .... masking tape..... working again!! ( i reckon the masking tape shruck with the moisture)... happy girl.....

well happy to kind of help :) FWIW that door peg can bought from spare parts for about €2 - €3

• Advertisement

well happy to kind of help :) FWIW that door peg can bought from spare parts for about €2 - €3

Well, I didn't know, until you told me that there were switches on the doors !:o I'm so happy I've saved a call out charge:D

Gr8 - whereabouts would I buy a spare?...

if you ring Whirlpool / Hoover they put you through to their parts dept.

IIRC quinn spares on 057 935 1216 also sell the parts

if you ring Whirlpool / Hoover they put you through to their parts dept.

IIRC quinn spares on 057 935 1216 also sell the parts

Txs again, you've saved me a lot of money....:D

glad to help :)

Advertisement