Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stay at home jobs

Options
  • 13-08-2008 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

hey there,

Im wondering if anyone else in galway knows of a good stay at home job, i have two kids and wanted to bring in some shiney shopping money. Most of everything i have seen is a scam or you have to produce the customers to get a small comission. I cant go from door to door with two kids in galway weather and am just looking for like 200 euros per month. not selling

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

dole

800 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Work remotely for a large multinational IT company or look in Work forum

A good read by Jennifer Walsh attached

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭chrussell

The dole is a great option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Can you get dole if your a housewife though? I highly doubt it.

sure you could.. just needs some creativity with the forms

• Advertisement

DRakE wrote: »
    sure you could.. just needs some creativity with the forms

Very dishonest...I wouldn't do it. Anyway there's a huge clampdown on people claiming the dole when they shouldn't be....won't be as easy to dodge them from now on. :p

we'll see :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

we'll see :D

Get a frickin job ya hippy! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Zzippy wrote: »

+1

Dey be spendin our tax money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Zzippy wrote: »

Hey, Workaccount's the one looking to live in a caravan! :pac:

(Sorry W/a, couldn't resist!)

• Advertisement

kraggy wrote: »
    Hey, Workaccount's the one looking to live in a caravan! :pac:

(Sorry W/a, couldn't resist!)

I'll let you off this time. I'm far from a hippy though. I must be just a tight c*nt.

Actually on second thoughts I'm not a tight c*nt....I just don't see much point in handing over 6 or 7 grand and having nothing to show for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

ok so what you are saying is there is no legit work at home jobs that anyone has tried unless you create something for yourself and because im married i cant claim dole..... never mind then.

ok so what you are saying is there is no legit work at home jobs that anyone has tried unless you create something for yourself and because im married i cant claim dole..... never mind then.

never mind then.

wtf? :eek: You'd swear you were paying for advice on this forum or something.

Now you asked a vague question so you get vague answers. Maybe if you actually posted up what qualifications you have???? I mean what are you looking to do anyway - Wouldn't we all be working from home if we could :rolleyes:

And this isn't the work and jobs forum btw.

Edit: Maybe you could sell your body.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Buglim

Hi

You do not have to be in IT to work from home. I worked from home for 9 months and I don't do anything even remotely like IT (these days a lot of the homebased IT jobs can be the jobs nobody wants and the people nobody wants to work with lol).

Do you have any skills, qualifications???

What is you past employment record?

Alot of good sales jobs will let you work from home, also financial.

Buglim wrote: »
    (these days a lot of the homebased IT jobs can be the jobs nobody wants and the people nobody wants to work with lol).

Like what?

I work in IT and am curious because I know that most of our dept. could work from home.

It was just a joke about people who work in IT, no offence meant.

You nerd!!!!!!

It was just a joke about people who work in IT, no offence meant.

Ah your only saying that now :D:P

Ha

You're probably right, but I was born a coward

• Registered Users Posts: 25,955 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

In home child-care. I don't know what the regulations are for this in Ireland, but doubt they're tough (there don't seem to be any for centre-based care). If you're only looking for 200-euro ... that's 50 a week ... one child for ten hours at five euro an hour shouldn't be too hard to find.

I think there's probably a gap in the market for other child-related businesses too: haven't heard of any toy-libraries or baby-sitting clubs here. You'd need to do a bit of research on how they operate, what the issues are here (eg liability insurance) and think through how you make money on 'em. But I'm sure there are opportunities.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

+1 for childminding

there's a whole bunch of ads in the Galway Advertiser for it this week :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I would again suggest childminding. It facilitates being a stay-at-home mom, which is a plus. Ring around and see what the average rate is in your area, and work with what suits you. You could do a 3day or 5day, full or half, there are many slots that need filling. Altho the downside is cabin fever, so be sure to get out of the house and treat yourslef now and again!

wtf? :eek: You'd swear you were paying for advice on this forum or something.

Now you asked a vague question so you get vague answers. Maybe if you actually posted up what qualifications you have???? I mean what are you looking to do anyway - Wouldn't we all be working from home if we could :rolleyes:

And this isn't the work and jobs forum btw.

Edit: Maybe you could sell your body.
    OMG how bloody rude are you? Isnt the whole point of a forum like this to get advice where needed and to chat GENERALLY. Otherwise we would all be talking about the weather.

I had asked if anyone had tried a legit one?

And as for the sell your body comment i wont even go there because if i say what i really want to say i would get banned and i have more restraint and dignity then that.:eek:

Hi

You do not have to be in IT to work from home. I worked from home for 9 months and I don't do anything even remotely like IT (these days a lot of the homebased IT jobs can be the jobs nobody wants and the people nobody wants to work with lol).

Do you have any skills, qualifications???

What is you past employment record?

Alot of good sales jobs will let you work from home, also financial.

I dont think id be soo good with sales but i have alot of experience working as a Veterinary Nurse, I have also worked as a secretary, Lifeguard, simming coach, and have a teachers dip in IT so its varied but other then childminding sugestion (which i will look into) there is nothing that allows me to work at home WITH the kids nearby.

Thanks to all the HELPFUL advice.

OMG how bloody rude are you? Isnt the whole point of a forum like this to get advice where needed and to chat GENERALLY. Otherwise we would all be talking about the weather.

I had asked if anyone had tried a legit one?

And as for the sell your body comment i wont even go there because if i say what i really want to say i would get banned and i have more restraint and dignaty then that.:eek:

Eh maybe the problem was with you? Your attitude maybe?

Everyone was chatting generally until you decided to come back with an attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Stamp licker?

:pac:

Eh maybe the problem was with you? Your attitude maybe?

Everyone was chatting generally until you decided to come back with an attitude.
    Only responded with the attitude i was given.

And no there isnt a problem with my attitude my last job i couldnt leave, they kept dragging me back asking me time and time again to come back to work for them. In the end i had to stop answering the phone.

Only responded with the attitude i was given.

And no there isnt a problem with my attitude my last job i couldnt leave, they kept dragging me back asking me time and time again to come back to work for them. In the end i had to stop answering the phone.

No no no. I am referring to your second post.

And regarding selling your body - it was just humour that is usually accepted around here.

hahaha @ overreacting women

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

hahaha @ overreacting women

+1

workaccount--- Relax!

• Advertisement

+1

workaccount--- Relax!

Whaaa? Doubt he was referring to me :rolleyes: