Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Gamers Top 100 Games

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Playing with a controller = painful. Lack of players and when there are players theres lack of teamwork.

This is a game that encourages teamwork and where its actually quite tough to not have some teamwork during a game due to how the maps work, yet on Xbox Live you'll find that it's rare to get a good game going for whatever reason.

On the PC however, I love it and my clan run some of the most popular TF2 servers in the world. [shamelessplug]feel free to check us out at www.gtfogaming.co.uk!!![/shamelessplug] :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

silvine wrote:
    I played TF2it on the Xbox and found it a little boring. Maybe it's a different experience on the PC?
    Nope it's boring too. Ridiculously long respawn times for a deathmatch game. And if you played Team Fortress Classic then it doesn't hold up at all.
    My list would have some serious differences to theirs.
    Oblivion at 7th?? This is the platform with the Baldur's Gate games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Seifer wrote: »
    Nope it's boring too. Ridiculously long respawn times for a deathmatch game. And if you played Team Fortress Classic then it doesn't hold up at all.

Almost all of our servers are Fast Respawn. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Jazzy wrote: »

mechwarrior 3 wasnt on the list and SWAT 4 was.

In fairness, have you ever played Swat 4 online? It's so much fun and the arresting element adds so much. I liked the list alot, you could see from the asides that the reviewers passionately like the games they were playing as opposed to just copying the standard list

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Well the site says "PC Gamer's Top 100".
    So that would lead people to believe that it is in fact of all time rather than current titles, seeing as Half Life and Freespace are in there, who is playing them right now? Go on hands up.

I think i posted their TOP 100 Games of ALL TIME before. Which had Deus Ex as number 1 and more games that people would agree with.

As everyone has pointed out...its the games they enjoy at this point in time

Here is the link to the Thread on the "Top 101 PC Games of All Time" ...its by PC Zone, prob a year and a half ago. Better mag, and prob better for those who are complaining :P

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055090646

Their Top 10 were
    10. The Secret of Monkey Island
    9. Battlefield 2
    8. DooM
    7. System Shock 2
    6. Rome : Total War
    5. Half Life
    4. The Elder Scrolls III : Morrowind
    3. Civilisation IV
    2. Half Life 2
    1. Deus Ex

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Bubs101 wrote: »
    In fairness, have you ever played Swat 4 online?

in fairness - have u played Mechwarrior 3 online or LAN? stompy stompy!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Nice to see the greatest game nobody played in 17th, Anachronox. Hmm wonder can I get it running on Vista (challenge for the day perhaps).

Laughable to see Bioshock higher than SS2 when Bioshock was a rehash with better graphics and Mass Effect higher than KOTOR when yet again Mass Effect was just a rehash of KOTOR. Not saying these are bad games I just think when ideas are copied wholesale from one game to another my first pick would be the original.

Advertisement