Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prof 3 Friday

• 13-08-2008 6:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Not looking forward to the results....Anyone else certain they failed MABF or am I the only one!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

Legend100 wrote: »
    Not looking forward to the results....Anyone else certain they failed MABF or am I the only one!

nope, every1 ive talked to (including myself) are sure MABF is gona be dodgy

Guess thats a good thing though, hopefully it means it will be corrected softly!

HOPEFULLY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Rollonrepeatts!

Ah stop there were tears in our MABF exam! We're all in the same boat and I think it's sinking fast! Roll on repeats! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

I've been amazed since sitting the exams at how many people thought MABF was a disaster. I'm starting to second guess myself! Just had a look at the paper there now to refresh my memory.

Q.1 Chanced my arm at what I thought decision tree was. Was able to calc contribution and expected profit. Hopefully got 12/13

Q.2 Made a balls of the variances. Got a maximum of about 7/8 marks on this question.

Q.3 Chanced my arm again. May not have presented it as they wanted but I'd say I calculated the right information. Probably got about 10.

Q4. Didn't do.

Q.5 Think I fecked up ARR and IRR but hopefully got the rest of it right. Prob got about 10-12.

Q.6 Made a reasonable stab at it. Probably got 8/9.

Taking the conservative projections from there I'm probably into the mid 40's. So here's hoping something else brought me up!!

I'm not really worried about getting under 40 on any of them. Just praying I hit 200 overall!

I've been amazed since sitting the exams at how many people thought MABF was a disaster. I'm starting to second guess myself! Just had a look at the paper there now to refresh my memory.

Q.1 Chanced my arm at what I thought decision tree was. Was able to calc contribution and expected profit. Hopefully got 12/13

Q.2 Made a balls of the variances. Got a maximum of about 7/8 marks on this question.

Q.3 Chanced my arm again. May not have presented it as they wanted but I'd say I calculated the right information. Probably got about 10.

Q4. Didn't do.

Q.5 Think I fecked up ARR and IRR but hopefully got the rest of it right. Prob got about 10-12.

Q.6 Made a reasonable stab at it. Probably got 8/9.

Taking the conservative projections from there I'm probably into the mid 40's. So here's hoping something else brought me up!!

I'm not really worried about getting under 40 on any of them. Just praying I hit 200 overall!

Yeah id say alot of it is people second guessing them selfs, its the waiting thats getting to me

Probably wont get a wink of sleep 2night tinking about the bloody things so ill prob check them @ 7am as soon as they are published!

BTW I think i did fairly similar 2 urself

1 - Had a good guess @ decision tree

2 - First part was grand, made a mess of operational / ? the other kind of variance

3 - Again made a good stab @ the question but workings/answer were all over the place

5 - Complete disaster, pretty sure i only got 1-5 in the question

6 - Worked all right but have a bad feeling about it for some reason

Again hoping to scrape 40 and hope the rest drag me kicking and screaming to 200!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Legend100

If I get more than 20% I will be amazed!

• Advertisement

Ah stop there were tears in our MABF exam! We're all in the same boat and I think it's sinking fast! Roll on repeats! :eek:

I heard about the tears in the RDS alright. I didn't sit them in Dublin. It must have been fierce awkward to be sitting next to someone that's bawling their eyes out.

AHHH

Now the stupid site has crashed so i cant even check my results, going to have to leave 4 work in a few min

Disaster

Passed. Thank Christ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Legend100

How the hell did i pass!!! cant wait to see the MABF result, must be a miracle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭the1andonly1

Legend100 wrote: »
    How the hell did i pass!!! cant wait to see the MABF result, must be a miracle

join the club... there is a god after all!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 tonypony

Feck, im on the list of credits... does that mean i def have to repeat some?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Superdub2

tonypony wrote: »
    Feck, im on the list of credits... does that mean i def have to repeat some?

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 09_09

What is MABF????? if u dont mind...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

09_09 wrote: »
    What is MABF????? if u dont mind...

Management Accounting & Business Finance. I <Snip> hated that subject with a passion!!!

oh man calm down...i also hate management accounts..cant do simple ABC method...lolzz...but love financial accounting...is it part of any course...?????? or just its own...??

oh man calm down...i also hate management accounts..cant do simple ABC method...lolzz...but love financial accounting...is it part of any course...?????? or just its own...??

If you could put some sort of punctuation and grammar into that post of yours, I'd gladly help you. As it stands, I don't know wtf you're on about.

ups mine mistake..i thought you can understand 21st century english... anyways, i was talking about ABC..its called Activity Based Costing..may be you did in MABF...???

What happened to Manners????

ups mine mistake..i thought you can understand 21st century english... anyways, i was talking about ABC..its called Activity Based Costing..may be you did in MABF...???

What happened to Manners????

What happened to capital letters, full stops & proper use of the English language? :rolleyes:

I know what ABC is.

It is past now..nobody is using the grammer and proper words..unless you are professional..Do some chatting you will discover whole new english.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Leon11

Your last post is a bit ironic given that you were on this very forum in the last month or so seeking advice on how to get an accounting job. Isn't accountancy a "professional" job?

• Advertisement

yes you are right. it is professional job and i am desperate to get it. But my friend It is a forum, here you can relax, take advice and give advice but you do not have to be professional unless you are giving wrong advice.

What about manners???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

We're all professionals and are expected to act in a professional manner and swearing is just as bad as poor grammer.

Now this thread is for Prof 3 discussions only. Please take yourselves off the grammer school for further discussion, thank you.

Advertisement