Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Passat Airbag light

Options
  • 13-08-2008 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

The Airbag/Seat belt retention light came on last week in my wife's passat. Its a 2005 comfortline ( new shape ) . Is this a major problem and what is the most common remedy . i rang a vw garage and they want 98e plus vat to do a diagnostics check . I understand that i'll probably have to bite the bullet and get it done.
    My wife said a dog ran out in front of her and she had to jam on . Would this have anything to do with it maybe .

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

as far as i know nothing big just a sensor went off. its located under passenger footwell. could be set off if someone kicked it. common problem

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

It could be a connection under the seat.
    Are you in Dublin? I mav be able to scan your car with vag-com, pm me if you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Kablam

Neilw wrote: »
    It could be a connection under the seat.
    Are you in Dublin? I mav be able to scan your car with vag-com, pm me if you like.

Same thing happend with my 02 megane. Something rolled under
    tha passenger seat and split some connection. can't remember what it cost to repair about E100 at the time.:(

Advertisement