Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL glasses mini review

Options
  • 13-08-2008 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭

These were mentioned recently enough and I just got a pair myself.

I'll be brief, these do not seem suitable for airsoft.
    I tested them at close range with an aeg and a pistol, nearly every hit would cause the lenses to pop out completely, no matter what angle I hit them at.
    The frames themselves cracked and a chunk came out of them when hit.

I have been told that the lenses don't pop out if you never remove them, to be honest this is no reassurance, I won't be skirmishing in these.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Are you sure the lenses are fitted correctly?

I've had the lenses on my Guarder C4's (which these seem to be a clone of) pop out once, but if they are fitted correctly then they are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

They couldn't have been more securely seated.

A .2 from a gbb knocked em out, my advice is to get a pair of airsoft specific eyewear.
    Its not worth risking your eyes on lidl gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

have to say i was impressed.

I tested my pair when i got home last saturday night in the shed, point blank aeg and gbb fire and nothing, not even a scratch.

They didnt even fog up on me on saturday...not until 15 minutes into the torrential downpour at the end of the day which was very impressive.

It seems the camp is a bit split over these at the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Mine are the same as docs, i shot them loads of times before i used them and even last saturday i had 3 close range hits to the face, all of which left the glasses completely un damaged. i bought 2 pairs and made a point of trying to break the second pair with fully automatic fire but i simply couldnt damage them. :) the lens didnt even scratch.,lol

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Dar tested mine, shot me straight in the left lens :p

I havent removed the lenses though. And yes, I have a pitcure, they are a complete clone of Guarder C4s, cep they cost 13 rahter than ~40.

• Advertisement

That, and they aren't made of impact resistant materials...

I'm not the only one that thinks these are useless, they aren't designed for airsoft and they are from lidl, sums it up really, let alone that mine seemed to completely fail any shooting test I put them through.

For the sake of saving 20 quid but risking my eyes, I'll pass on these.

Motosam wrote: »
    That, and they aren't made of impact resistant materials...

They are made from polycarbonate, thats an inpact resistant material, not to mention their catagory rating on the lens.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

I'm not the only one that thinks these are useless, they aren't designed for airsoft and they are from lidl, sums it up really, let alone that mine seemed to completely fail any shooting test I put them through.
    a large number of people trust there eyes to cheap goggles from china with no idea of teh rateing, the issue with the lens coming out is a worry but i;ve not come across this and i tested my glasses and got shot in the face a number of times on sunday with no issue

vtec wrote: »
    They are made from polycarbonate, thats an inpact resistant material, not to mention their catagory rating on the lens.

The frame isn't, mine shattered.

Puding wrote: »
    a large number of people trust there eyes to cheap goggles from china with no idea of teh rateing, the issue with the lens coming out is a worry but i;ve not come across this and i tested my glasses and got shot in the face a number of times on sunday with no issue

Yes thats a good point, some of the lads that play in HRTA might remember the goggles i tested up there, where an MP7 round (about 240fps) tore through them without even the slightest resistance, they looked very close to the viper ones and someone wouls easily mistake them for being decent kit.,

• Advertisement

vtec wrote: »
    Yes thats a good point, some of the lads that play in HRTA might remember the goggles i tested up there, where an MP7 round (about 240fps) tore through them without even the slightest resistance, they looked very close to the viper ones and someone wouls easily mistake them for being decent kit.,

On the other hand I've tested DE Goggles that come with the UMP. Point blank, 325 fps. Nothing. Not a scratch. On the other hand, I have some CYMAs here from a springer I have had for years(now broken), might be an idea for a video....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Yeah I don't think saving twenty quid would be worth risking your eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

unless your weeder

:p

couldnt resist

unless your weeder

couldnt resist

I think sam just got a lemon, or maybe he is one:confused:

I think sam just got a lemon, or maybe he is one:confused:

You were right, you aren't funny :P

Hmmmm, that might explain things......

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Good vid Lethal, just goes to show why people shouldn't use cheap eye protection picked up in the local hardware store.

Just to point out though, those are not the lidl glasses, before anyone starts panicking :)

kdouglas wrote: »
    Good vid Lethal, just goes to show why people shouldn't use cheap eye protection picked up in the local hardware store.

Just to point out though, those are not the lidl glasses, before anyone starts panicking :)

Yep, came with a Cyma glock spinger, along with an extension piece, quad rail mounts, suppressor, extended mag, laser and plastic sight:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yep, came with a Cyma glock spinger, along with an extension piece, quad rail mounts, suppressor, extended mag, laser and plastic sight:p

But in fairness those glasses would be grand for the gun they came with, in fact I've a cyma glock spring here too and it's grand for shooting things at close range, but firing directly at the glasses with them from more then a few feet away cannot damage them at all.....I actually have one of those pimped out pieces as well, for about a tenner they come with a working laser pointer/flashlight, necessary 6 batteries, 2 mags, etc.....I think it's only .3 or .4j at best.

• Advertisement
Advertisement