Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lotus develops Ice Vehicle for the Antarctic Expedition

Options
  • 13-08-2008 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

lotus-concept-ice-vehicle.jpg

Engineered by the team at Lotus Engineering, the Lotus Ice Vehicle concept was developed to be taken to Antarctica on the Moon Regan TransAntarctic Expedition. The vehicle will aid the research going on in the region.

To be able to withstand the harsh polar environment, the Lotus Ice Vehicle has been tested in the northern Sweden.

The Lotus Ice Vehicle concept is designed to run on snow and ice. It sits on three skis, much like a snow mobile. It is is powered by a rear engine linked to a propeller.

lotus-concept-ice-vehicle-3.jpg

Click here for two great videos of the Ice Vehicle in action

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I can see that doing *really* well on broken surfaces or going up a hill :D

What's wrong with a snowmobile?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,441 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Moses7 wrote: »
    The Lotus Ice Vehicle concept is designed to run on snow and ice.

That's revolutionary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

I've seen this before, just put the wings back on:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I think I'd rather bring a snowmobile :D

mt-herschel-antarctica.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

main.jpg

Yes please.

A 4x4 that could actually kill Polar bears!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

expect to see something like this in the next bond movie but with missiles, invisibility shield and few rocket engines instead of that propeller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

I can tell you guys,

if i was going there the only thing id be bringing is an isuzu trooper and heeps of fuel...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

S.I.R wrote: »
    I can tell you guys,

if i was going there the only thing id be bringing is an isuzu trooper and heeps of fuel...

Should probably try and make a bit of room for a coat or at least a wolly hat.

Wasent one of the problems Top gear had that the ice wasent consistant? that would be great on the flat sections but what about the bumpy bits?

Advertisement