Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

would these discs be ok on my xbox 360?.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

anyone have any idea?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

There'll be no need to back up your games, sure. The new update, coming in the next two months, will have the ability to load your games onto your hard drive so there's no need to download back up your games.

one game would almost use the 12.5gb harddrive.

my question is would these discs be ok?.

chrislad wrote: »
    There'll be no need to back up your games, sure. The new update, coming in the next two months, will have the ability to load your games onto your hard drive so there's no need to download back up your games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭D3UC3 J3

Maybe you should check out the console modding section.

They might no more about which discs go with Xboxs that can play backed up games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

get the ones from korea I think.. Or just look up xbox 360 dual layer disks.. there should be something there!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement

What the OP should really be checking out is if the xbox 360 disc drive can read the discs.

You'll be looking at

DVD-R DL

or

DVD+R DL

I'll check later but in the mean time maybe have a look yourself.

DVD+R DL would work fine on 360

D3UC3 J3 wrote: »
    What the OP should really be checking out is if the xbox 360 disc drive can read the discs.

You'll be looking at

DVD-R DL

or

DVD+R DL

I'll check later but in the mean time maybe have a look yourself.

Well if they work then totally buy them.

I picked up 1 DVD+R DL in peats in town to see if it worked with my XPS M1330 and it cost €6.99...i know 1!!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

bassy wrote: »
    came across these and there not a bad price considering what some places are charging for them,would the be ok to back up my xbox 360 games with?.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160268463058&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Maplin are selling the same disks half price at the moment. Well, at least they are in Limerick anyways.

Oh, and if they are genuine Verbatims, then you can't go wrong. They're considered the best for such things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

any discs will do

ive never come across a brand that didnt work as well as the next

the occasional disk will mess up, but the failure rate is maybe 1 in 30, regardless of the brand

buy them cheap, and buy them in bulk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Helix wrote: »
    any discs will do

ive never come across a brand that didnt work as well as the next

the occasional disk will mess up, but the failure rate is maybe 1 in 30, regardless of the brand

buy them cheap, and buy them in bulk

No your completely wrong ive tried 4 different brands with the xbox360 and verbatim was the only 1 brand out of the 4 that never gave me one single problem...

No your completely wrong ive tried 4 different brands with the xbox360 and verbatim was the only 1 brand out of the 4 that never gave me one single problem...

oh fair enough, you must be dead on. all those discs i have that worked perfectly must be a figment of my imagination. for the record verbatim has as high a failure rate as any other media, that is to say bugger all of a failure rate

burn it at x2.4 and anything will work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

The problem is not with the failure to burn data to them...but the fact the hexbox wont read them, ive tried 15 different brands of disk, and out of that 2 of them actually worked. Moral of the story is, use verbatim kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

b0bsquish wrote: »
    The problem is not with the failure to burn data to them...but the fact the hexbox wont read them, ive tried 15 different brands of disk, and out of that 2 of them actually worked. Moral of the story is, use verbatim kids.

Yep, Verbatims are the only brand that I've never had one failure with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Cheaper brands of discs difinitely have problems going from device to device , I bought a box of Mr Data discs once , 100 on a stack.

They were brutal , while most of them recorded OK on the PC , they wouldnt play on anything else.

They dont last too long either , I tried to play one of them the other day , I only made it six months ago , and it was totally unreadable on anything.

The dyes used in the manufacture are to blame for that , they had totally degraded.

For the record I keep everything in a dark cabinet in proper cases.

All makes are not the same , not by a long shot.

b0bsquish wrote: »

i must have a magic xbox

only ever had about read errors out of over 130 discs burnt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Helix wrote: »
    i must have a magic xbox

only ever had about read errors out of over 130 discs burnt

Well what brands have you been using?

i honestly couldnt tell you, last ones i bought were no brand, and were £4.99 for 10. i bought 50, had no problems with them at all

*edit* my email tells me they were from an ebay seller called billioncommerce

Advertisement