Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joker's Asylum series

Options
  • 13-08-2008 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭

Has anyone read any of these? I've been trying to order them online but can't find them. Opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Why_So_Serious?

I've read them but I don't know where too order them...If ya haven't read them there good there about joker locked up in arkham telling stories from his cell about him and other villians from the batman series.

• Moderators Posts: 51,774 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

It supposed to be released on the 16th December as a graphic novel. Don't know much about the series, so am uncertain as to how many issues will be in the graphic novel.

Will be called Batman : Joker's Asylum

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Thanks, I actually sourced them today in Cork city, in Other Realms.

I'm relatively new to the Batman comics (comics in general, actually).

Today I bought three graphic novels: Batman, Dark Detective; The Killing Joke; and The Greatest Joker Stories.

Can you recommend some more?

I also ordered volume 1 of Batman the Animated Series, as well as Mask of the Phantasm. The DVDs are hard to come by, and expensive. Then I found this website offering the whole lot (over 80 episodes) for only 25 dollars: http://www.imissmycartoon.com/id82.html

Has anyone bought off this website? Is it reputable?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Furet wrote: »
    Today I bought three graphic novels: Batman, Dark Detective; The Killing Joke; and The Greatest Joker Stories.

Can you recommend some more?

Long Halloween and the follow up Dark Victory are two of my fav Batman stories.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Furet wrote: »
    I also ordered volume 1 of Batman the Animated Series, as well as Mask of the Phantasm. The DVDs are hard to come by, and expensive. Then I found this website offering the whole lot (over 80 episodes) for only 25 dollars: http://www.imissmycartoon.com/id82.html

Has anyone bought off this website? Is it reputable?

I'll be honest, I had a look at that site and I wouldn't go near it - for that price you're almost definitely getting knock off dvds which could mean anything from low-quality TV-rip episodes to discs that won't play at all. Not to mention the risk of your credit card details being misused.

Unfortunately, as you say it's hard and expensive to get the full DVD sets of most of DC's animated series outside of the US. I'd avoid buying dodgy versions though; you're better off getting the Region 1 versions, at least there you know you won't get burned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

"Batman: Venom" is fantastic!

Also, I recommend some JLA stories, Batman's relationship with all the other members, he's often shown with a sense of humour, like being around the other JLA members loosens him up a bit, its really good

JLA: Obsidian Age 1 and 2 are great stories, will introduce you to other characters as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Fysh wrote: »
    Unfortunately, as you say it's hard and expensive to get the full DVD sets of most of DC's animated series outside of the US. I'd avoid buying dodgy versions though; you're better off getting the Region 1 versions, at least there you know you won't get burned.

+1 I've all of the region 1 boxsets and picked up a region free dvd player for 50 quid - much easier then picking up questionable dvd copies.

My fav animated batman has to be in JL unlimited - some fantastic one liners between him and flash through out the series.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

ztoical wrote: »
    My fav animated batman has to be in JL unlimited - some fantastic one liners between him and flash through out the series.

JLU may in fact be the best cartoon ever made, particularly given the overall plotline that runs through seasons 1-4. Plus, as you say, the Flash gets some great bantery dialogue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

ztoical wrote: »
    +1 I've all of the region 1 boxsets and picked up a region free dvd player for 50 quid - much easier then picking up questionable dvd copies.

Cheers for that. I just picked up vols 2, 3 and 4 from amazon.com for 54 euro including postage. Good deal!

And cheers for all the tips: I just finished Dark Detective - loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Why_So_Serious?

Under the hud parts 1&2 are good and the man who laughs is pretty much an origin story of the joker but still it's good...and war hereos aswell is cool. and the long halloween and dark victory was already said

• Advertisement
Advertisement