Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

unclear speed camera photo

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Is it her car? as in same model and same reg?(bar the "9" been hard to pick out)

Imo she broke the law, she should pay the consequences instead of trying to find a loophole out of it.

Shut.... Up!! If you can find a loophole take it, won't start respecting our governments view on road safety until it has a decent system in place. "33mph in a 30mph zone! What were you thinking?"*

*that is a slight exaggeration by the way, eg dual carriageway in blackpool is 30mph.. got 2 points for doing 37mph on the way back into town, 2 lanes, no houses.. gards were hiding by some industrial estate entrance, go figure.

Hope your friend gets away with this :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Bond-007 wrote: »
    This is going around in circles.

And pretty OT. ClareGuy et al, can we agree to disagree?

OP, have you run any of this information past your relation? What's her take on it.
    I'd like to see how this plays out, for future reference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Clare_Guy

AudiChris wrote: »
    And pretty OT. ClareGuy et al, can we agree to disagree?

no. you're wrong about there being a law making it illegal for dirt to be on plates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

So you've said, but you're dragging this thread way off topic and it's liable to be closed for going nowhere.

Maybe start a new thread to debate this? Get TheNog or Maximus involved, they'd help us clear the issue up.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,441 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Enough about the dirty license plate. Zube has shown very clearly what the position is. Back on topic now please.

• Advertisement

AudiChris wrote: »
    So you've said, but you're dragging this thread way off topic and it's liable to be closed for going nowhere.

Maybe start a new thread to debate this? Get TheNog or Maximus involved, they'd help us clear the issue up.

i'm very happy for the debate on the dirty plate to end. Just to be clear i'm not dragging the thread off topic. I didn't bring up the subject of being prosecuted for having a dirty plate.

Debate over.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,910 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Clare_Guy wrote: »
    That is not a law against "dirty" plates. Did you actually read that before posting it? It doesn't even mention dirt!!! It's a law against changing your plates on purpose!!

I read it. It is *not* about 'on purpose', proof that you, however, didn't read it.

Zube in post 88 has pointed out the section you're clearly deliberately ignoring. Its an offense to allow your plates to get dirty or obscured. It does not, at any stage, mention you having done it on purpose.

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

MYOB wrote: »
    I read it. It is *not* about 'on purpose', proof that you, however, didn't read it.

Zube in post 88 has pointed out the section you're clearly deliberately ignoring. Its an offense to allow your plates to get dirty or obscured. It does not, at any stage, mention you having done it on purpose.

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

We've been asked to move on. MOVE ON.

FYI: shall:- plan to, intend to, or expect to

We've been asked to move on. MOVE ON.

Only when you explain how someone deliberately makes a plate fade. :rolleyes:

You could also apologise to everyone you've wildly shouted at and accused of being wrong, when they're not. Selective dictionary definitions won't help your point.

MYOB wrote: »
    Only when you explain how someone deliberately makes a plate fade. :rolleyes:

You could also apologise to everyone you've wildly shouted at and accused of being wrong, when they're not. Selective dictionary definitions won't help you're point.

any moderators around?

MYOB; read post #90...

how does one "shout" on a forum?!! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

any moderators around?

MYOB; read post #90...

how does one "shout" on a forum?!! :confused:

I read post 90 - you are deliberately ignoring the bit which specifies the plate fading or being obscured by 'other means' and using a narrowed down definition of 'shall' to "prove" your point.

TYPING IN ALL CAPITALS is shouting on a forum.

The moderator who's posted in this thread already has told you Zube was correct, as it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,441 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Closed...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement