Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hostel/B&B/hotel in sydney on Xmas and new years

Options
  • 13-08-2008 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭

hey guys just booked my flights to go to australia with the missus in november and am looking forward to it a lot.

We are gonna be in sydney at xmas and new years and we are having problems finding a place to stay that doesnt cost an arm and a leg to stay for the night.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Really need to get it sorted in the next few days.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

Might be pushing it at this stage, I booked 4 weeks ago and only had a few spots left, you should also note that most Hostels only take 7 day bookings around xmas / new year.

Read here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055353759

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

preddy wrote: »
    Might be pushing it at this stage, I booked 4 weeks ago and only had a few spots left, you should also note that most Hostels only take 7 day bookings around xmas / new year.

Read here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055353759

cheers, actually found something very late last night, got 12 nights private room for the two of us in a good rating hostel and then two nights in a average hostel for over xmas. The only date i dont have a place is new years eve but the missus's friend who is heading back home to sydney said we can party with her that night and kip in her place. Even if not the plan is to leave the bags in a train station locker thing and just stay out the night as it is new years in sydney so will not be coming home early that night. we saw a hotel for 200 euro for the night but we decided against as we wont use it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

Then your sorted :) Some hotels went up past the €500 mark for the night.

Happy new Year if I dont stumble past you :)

preddy wrote: »
    Then your sorted :) Some hotels went up past the €500 mark for the night.

Happy new Year if I dont stumble past you :)

Yeah the hotels are getting crazy and getting a hostel is like golddust.

Yeah Ill be getting merry on new years, will be on bondi beach for christmas day as I am sure a few others will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

chris85 wrote: »
    Yeah the hotels are getting crazy and getting a hostel is like golddust.

Yeah Ill be getting merry on new years, will be on bondi beach for christmas day as I am sure a few others every single irish backpacker will be.

Fixed that for you ;)

• Advertisement

hussey wrote: »
    Fixed that for you ;)

Cheers, i take it you will be there too then :D we should get all the boardsies over there together at bondi beach for a beer :p

Really getting excited about it. Gonna book accomm for thailand soon as well, it is dirt cheap there by the looks of it.

chris85 wrote: »
    Cheers, i take it you will be there too then :D we should get all the boardsies over there together at bondi beach for a beer :p

Really getting excited about it. Gonna book accomm for thailand soon as well, it is dirt cheap there by the looks of it.

No, I've been there done that, I wouldn't go near bondi at christmas!

No bronte ... that's where I'd like to go ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Starburst85

I'll be on Bondi for Christmas day...Cant wait :D ...were still looking for accomodation for Sydney at Christmas...were hoping to rent out an apartment or lil house with a nice lil Christmas tree...I hope its not wishful thinking!! :)

I'll be on Bondi for Christmas day...Cant wait :D ...were still looking for accomodation for Sydney at Christmas...were hoping to rent out an apartment or lil house with a nice lil Christmas tree...I hope its not wishful thinking!! :)

You'll probably have to settle for a plastic one - :D

Advertisement