Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Comments about Player's weights

• 13-08-2008 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭

Why? :confused:

I've seen it in tabloid papers, the radio and lots of threads here including a new thread from today.
    Can the posters who use it post here and justify it?

I mean the guy is a professional sportsman and in great shape. If you don't like his style or play or just reckon he's rubbish I can understand people slating him. After all, judging football is subjective.

But there is no way anyone imo that this nickname is justified. This was the 2nd pic in a google search. I'd kill to be in that shape, I don't know about the rest of ye.

Btw, I'm not a Chelsea fan, it's Newcastle :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I have been stood a couple of yards from him and he does seem to have a bit of a belly.

Not sure if that is the reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

micmclo wrote: »

I've seen it in tabloid papers, the radio and lots of threads here including a new thread from today.
    Can the posters who use it post here and justify it?

I mean the guy is a professional sportsman and in great shape. If you don't like his style or play or just reckon he's rubbish I can understand people slating him. After all, judging football is subjective.

But there is no way anyone imo that this nickname is justified. This was the 2nd pic in a google search. I'd kill to be in that shape, I don't know about the rest of ye.

Btw, I'm not a Chelsea fan, it's Newcastle :o

What the f**k? You serious with this post :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

It's a valid question. :)

And to turn it around, why do people quote a longish post and add one line? Slows everyone down when reading the thread.
    Think of that before knocking my thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

You are correct. But football fans don't tend to be the most logical or brightest lot. Just go with the flow imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

There's a dedicated site "I Hate Fat Frank Lampard" http://www.bouldering-monkeys.co.uk/subdomains/fatfrank/index.html :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Check out those love handles son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

cos he was a chubby sh1te when he was with the hammers. and he's always eating. even in that pepsi ad lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Pre-seasonlampard.jpg

Need I say any more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

It's a valid question. :)

And to turn it around, why do people quote a longish post and add one line? Slows everyone down when reading the thread.
    Probably just you that is slow when it comes to reading :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Chubby Frank doesn't quite have the same ring :p

Seriously tho', I don't think Frank gives two sh!tes!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Anyone who thinks that he is 'fat' or unfit is, simply put, ignorant and stupid. He just has a stocky build and, if you remember, he broke the record last season for playing consecutive games.

Kevin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Kevster wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks that he is 'fat' or unfit is, simply put, ignorant and stupid. He just has a stocky build and, if you remember, he broke the record last season for playing consecutive games.

Kevin

Really? Next you'll be telling us that Becks doesn't have Golden Balls :eek:

OP it's a nickname he picked up for looking like he has a few extra pounds on him and he was a very lazy player at west ham and the beginning of his Chelsea career...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

I absolutely love the fat frank nickname, never ceases to bring a smile to my face. I honestly don't think i've referred to him as anything other than fat frank (or FF if the mood takes me) in years.

And yes, it is in no way accurate at this point in his career, he's super-fit and pretty damn lean (at least by most people's standards) and to be honest, that just makes me like the nickname even more. I like the name so much I even invented a drink after it.*

Anyway he deserves it, the fat b@stard! :p

*for those interested, to indulge in the ridiculously decadent "Fat Frank", simply (1) get yourself an empty glass, (2) Fill it with 1/3 can of Red Bull, (3) Take one shot of melted butter, (4) Drop shot (glass and all, jaegerbomb stylee) into red bull, (5) Knock it back in one and let the magic happen....this drink contains no alcohol, but the large amount of caffeine and fat may not make it the most suitable drink for someone with a weak heart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I dunno, he's looking a bit fat in that photo. He could definetly afford to lose a few pounds or even half a stone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Who changed the title of the thread? :confused:

If it was a mod and they don't want that title coming up in a google search I understand, is that the reason it was changed?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

For a professional athlete who basically runs around for a living he is most definitely carrying a few extra pounds in that picture.... hardly fat though.

Advertisement