Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tikka T3 Lite

Options
  • 13-08-2008 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭

A chairde, im doing a bit of shopping around for the new rifle above and ive been quoted around 1100 new in the places i know, is this a good price and does anyone know where i could get it cheaper?even second hand im not pushed? míle buíochas,

Tiny.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

I have a Tikka T3 Lite stainless in .243.

Paid 1100 for it in Hilltop, but I've found it cheaper elsewhere since purchasing it.

John Lambert in Camolin (wexford) is very competitive price wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Got my T3 lite in 223 for E899 from Pat Clinton in Lucan.
    Sports den in Navan also has them for that price, you wont get any cheaper belive me, i tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭dsaint1

E899 in East Coast Dog and Gun. But are you asking about the stainless or the blued barrell? Stainless is dearer and depending on the calibre you will probably be waiting a long time for a stainless one. I tried a lot of places and found 8 weeks was the earliest I would could get one in a 30.06 stainless synt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭tiny-nioclas

Cheers lads, im not too pushed wether it'l be blued or stainless once its threaded for a moderator, are both the t3 lite blued and stainless threaded? forgot to mention im looking for it in .243

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

I know that the stainless isn't threaded. Dont know about the blued.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

john lambert has a 25.06 s factory threaded one has a set trigger .among others ,be surprised if there is not a 243 there also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

jwshooter wrote: »
    a 25.06 s factory threaded one has a set trigger

That is a nice setup.

Neither come threaded... E90 for threading approx

where is he located? i might give him a ring in the morning? it says on the tikka t3 web site that they come threaded??

dsaint1 wrote: »
    Neither come threaded... E90 for threading approx

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Maybe you can order it threaded but I paid 899 for non threaded blued barrell with synthetic stock in 30.06. not threaded. But if you want to wait an order exact spec I reckon you could be waiting a while. I originally wanted stainless barrell but the wait was too long....3 months too long :eek:

where is he located? i might give him a ring in the morning? it says on the tikka t3 web site that they come threaded??
    tiny in camolin just out side enniscorthy if i was going for a one rifle do a bit of every thing look at the 25.06 the 85 gr ballistic tip will turn foxes in side out and the 117 gr sst will drop the biggest of a stag if you do your bit ,john is dead sound ,

Maybe you can order it threaded but I paid 899 for non threaded blued barrell with synthetic stock in 30.06. not threaded. But if you want to wait an order exact spec I reckon you could be waiting a while. I originally wanted stainless barrell but the wait was too long....3 months too long :eek:
    pays to shop around

Good stuff thank you JW, do you have a number for him by any chance?hes not too far away from me! Is the 25.06 ammo easy to pick up around?

Good stuff thank you JW, do you have a number for him by any chance?hes not too far away from me! Is the 25.06 ammo easy to pick up around?
    no problem with ammo its cheep enough i shot a few deer with this cal ,john griffen also uses a 25.06 and shoots the odd one with it also john no is on the gun dealer list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

You're right there about it being factory threaded, but they are carbine versions.

jwshooter wrote: »
    pays to shop around

Of course I shopped around... and that was the best time period I was quoted. Neither Ardee sports could get it nor GMK in the UK.. Rang around several dealers before I rang them direct !

Of course I shopped around... and that was the best time period I was quoted. Neither Ardee sports could get it nor GMK in the UK.. Rang around several dealers before I rang them direct !
    should have rang john lambert

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Just seen a factory threaded T3 Lite Stainless in Stakelums Urlingford.

Advertisement