Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upgrading memory problem

Options
  • 13-08-2008 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

guys, a friend of mine has a dell dimension l933r desktop, its a pretty old machine, i did a bit of research and it states that it can support up to 512 mb pc 133 dimm memory (2x256), i purchased 2 sticks of pc 133 memory from ebay in the states and tried to replace the old 128mb module with one 256 module and also tried the other one, but got a lot of beeps at the post , any ideas who the memory would not work ??

here's the memory that i purchased,

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120286129508&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=002

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Make sure the sticks are seated properly. Try putting the old memory back in to make sure everything else is working. Then try each stick in it seperately one at a time, you might have a faulty stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

this is high density ram that you bought, thats why its so cheap.
    Never buy high density ram unless you have a fairly high end mobo cause most motherboard only accept low density ram

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

ok so that probably explains it then, the density, i made sure they were seated properly and also reinstalled the old memory and everything worked fine again, i suppose i just bin it and buy again , i suppose crucial would be the best place to purchase what im looking for so ??

Advertisement