Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am SOOO p1ssed off with NTL!!!

Options
  • 13-08-2008 9:34pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My broadband has been down for the last 2 days. This is probably the 5th time my broadband has been down in the last few months - and the two times before that it was down for over a week at a time.

I just called tech support. I was on hold for over 30 minutes (which is better than usual) and talked to 'customer service'. I go through the usual motions with them and then ask to be put through to tech support to try to diagnose the problem. So I sit in the queue for 20 minutes - but they have a system whereby if you sit in the queue for too long, they push you back to customer service again! Useless!

So I explain the whole thing again. They say they'll book me in for a callback, but from previous experience, you almost never get one. I said ok anyway, and then i requested a service call. It will be nearly two weeks before they can get to me.

The last twice, I have been lucky enough that a fellow boardsie that works for ntl, has helped me out. I'm really really hoping that this might happen again cause like most here I'm lost without internet.

If anyone else has some suggestions as to what I can do, please let me know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I know nothing about cable isp's and im sure you've done this
    But have you reset modem like uplugged it and disconnected the cable from the back of it and reconnected it

Advertisement