Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who goes? Eviction 9

Options
  • 13-08-2008 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭

So...Stu or Rachel?

Personally I don't think Stu stands a chance against her.

Who goes? 65 votes

Rachel
    0% 0 votes
    Stu
    32% 21 votes
    Both
    67% 44 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Stuart must be about 1/15 to go with the bookies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

I can't stand rachel. She's seems to have some kind of cult following!

I'd say stu will go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

see ya stu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭KateF

Hope Stuart goes...he doesn't even want to be there anyway. I don't think he contributes much to the house either.

Just black nail polish and eyeliner....

....on a man :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think Stu deserves to go. Paddy Power has Rachel as second favourite to win the show outright behind Michael.

William Hill meanwhile sees the odds on the next eviction as this...
    Stuart 1/9
    Rachel 5/1

That would suggest Rachel looks a comfortable bet to stay but I'll believe it when I see it.

For all her critics and the ridiculous talk of her being 'boring', the fact is she's been at the centre of several major issues in the house. Meanwhile what has Stu done of note? Nothing. He's the boring one, not her. A phony showmance with Sara shouldn't save him.

Rachel seems to me to be the John Cena of Big Brother. It seems trendy to knock her but the reality is most of the criticism behind her isn't based on reality.

Here's to her staying and wiping the smug smiles off the faces of those miserable bastards Rex and Nicole. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

5.gifDaddy's coming home.

I think Stu deserves to go. Paddy Power has Rachel as second favourite to win the show outright behind Michael.

That would suggest Rachel looks a comfortable bet to stay but I'll believe it when I see it.

For all her critics and the ridiculous talk of her being 'boring', the fact is she's been at the centre of several major issues in the house. Meanwhile what has Stu done of note? Nothing. He's the boring one, not her. A phony showmance with Sara shouldn't save him.

Rachel seems to me to be the John Cena of Big Brother. It seems trendy to knock her but the reality is most of the criticism behind her isn't based on reality.

Here's to her staying and wiping the smug smiles off the faces of those miserable bastards Rex and Nicole. :)

Here here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

I think Stu will go but i would love to see Rachel gone it would shake things up a little. This showmance you refer to has nothing to do with Stu its all Saras doing she has done nothing but flirt with the guy and he hasnt encouraged her one bit!

Yes she has been at the centre of some of the issues but not by her own doing other people have brought it to the attention.

I wouldnt call it ridiculous talk by any strecth she is defo one of the most boring housemates in Big Brother history.

Yes she has been at the centre of some of the issues but not by her own doing other people have brought it to the attention.

Not true. This is a myth. She was the one who stood up to Alex in the first week if you recall.
    I wouldnt call it ridiculous talk by any strecth she is defo one of the most boring housemates in Big Brother history.

Yeah she's so boring she's down as second-favourite to win. Who knew boring people possessed such charms?

I think most of the general public find her a fun girl to observe than the guy you have championed in recent weeks, Rex, a miserable sourpuss of a man who gets cheap kicks from making snide remarks at women.

I must say personally I find his hate/hate relationship with Nicole as boring as the Puke/Chewbecca sham was.

• Advertisement

Not true. This is a myth. She was the one who stood up to Alex in the first week if you recall.

Yeah she's so boring she's down as second-favourite to win. Who knew boring people possessed such charms?

I think most of the general public find her a fun girl to observe than the guy you have championed in recent weeks, Rex, a miserable sourpuss of a man who gets cheap kicks from making snide remarks at women.

I must say personally I find his hate/hate relationship with Nicole as boring as the Puke/Chewbecca sham was.

Most of the issues in the house i said didnt say all.

Dont start quoteing stats, yeah just cause she is second favourite to win now doesnt mean anything wasnt Luke projected to win it right from the start and look at what happened to that :eek:

I havent championed anybody i would like a few people to win, do i like Rex yes i think he is an interesting housemate.

Come on start getting something new he isnt the only housemate to have said stuff about Rachel, Lisa has said an awful lot more things about her behind her back more so than Rex ever has! FACT!

Do i think his relationship is stupid of coarse it is she has been his downfall in that housemate. He was set sail to a victory at one stage aswell supposeably like Rachel.

MNG:

The comparison is totally 100% accurate.
    2.gif2.gif2.gif2.gif2.gif2.gif2.gif3.gifRachel.:D

MNG:

The comparison is totally 100% accurate.
    2.gif2.gif2.gif2.gif2.gif2.gif2.gif3.gifRachel.:D

What does Rachel get criticsed for most? Being boring and not having much of an opinion?? Correct i think, so how is this not based on reality? She doesnt seem to say anything she isnt that much fun.

3.gif Rex :D

Dont start quoteing stats, yeah just cause she is second favourite to win now doesnt mean anything wasnt Luke projected to win it right from the start and look at what happened to that :eek:

But I will quote stats because you allege that she is one of the most boring housemates ever. The odds however show she is popular with the public so how is she boring? If she was boring she would be lost in the shuffle instead of just behind Mikey.

Yeah Luke was heavily favoured at one point and he sealed his own fate. This could also happen to Rachel. But why is Rachel deemed boring?

Surely the fact she provokes such strong feelings on this board, the DS forums and other sites shows she's got something about her!
    I havent championed anybody i would like a few people to win, do i like Rex yes i think he is an interesting housemate.

Come on, you have clearly championed him! You never seem to criticise him when he's out of line.

As for Lisa, I know she has said things about Rachel but she's not trying to purposely make the girl upset unlike Rex. I'm sick of this BS about 'well, at least he says it to people's faces'. This was how the likes of Bex and Alex justified their aggressive behaviour. Being up front is great but a bit of tact wouldn't go amiss. People who have class possess this.
    What does Rachel get criticsed for most? Being boring and not having much of an opinion?? Correct i think, so how is this not based on reality? She doesnt seem to say anything she isnt that much fun.

The definiton of boring is 'an uninteresting person or thing'. The fact several people on this thread are arguing about her shows she is more interesting than her critics would like to admit!

PS her 'not having much of an opinion' as you put it is rubbish. Who stood up to the bully Alex? Rachel. Who told Lisa the night she tried to escape about how she fels a bit uncomfortable around her sometimes? Rachel. Who has had the house on her back because of decisions she made as HOH? Rachel.

Who did your precious Rex go to for an opinion when he had a tiff with Nicole - RACHEL!

For someone with 'no opinion' she certainly has a lot of opinions placed on her.

The fact is the haters are growing because they know she has a real chance of being the first female winner since Kate.

3.gif Rex :D

Not having much of an opinion.:confused:
    Her " Opinion on the Hell HMs" caused uproar in the house .
    Her Opinion on " The Cake incident " caused uproar in the house, how can you say she doesn't have an opinion
    when it would have been so much easier for her to give it to Heaven.
    But then she was not thinking about Nommo's when she made that decision . She was going on feelings for her friends.
    She was so not being tactical and it shows.:D

Her Opinion on " The Cake incident " caused uproar in the house, how can you say she doesn't have an opinion

I just made the very same point just now. :)

I agree with you that she has plenty of opinions and I'd say she actually has stronger views than most of the people in that house.

But then she was not thinking about Nommo's when she made that decision . She was going on feelings for her friends.
    She was so not being tactical and it shows.:D

How is chooseing your friends not tactical?

Congrats , right on par with BB for Editing.:D

If Rachel wanted to be tactical she would have went with Rex and his side surely?

She was being fair.

OMG , If she was playing it tactically she would have given it to heaven , playing the " Where are the most amount of people I want to keep on side "
    She didn't do that , she went against the majority of the house and you think that is boring and not having an opinion?:confused:.

• Advertisement

OMG , If she was playing it tactically she would have given it to heaven , playing the " Where are the most amount of people I want to keep on side "
    She didn't do that , she went against the majority of the house and you think that is boring and not having an opinion?:confused:.

Correctomundo.

If she was being tactical she would have given it to Rex's side because neither Mikey nor Kat would turn on her over it.

It actually took guts for her to be fair about it and risk having Rex bitch at her as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭KateF

+1
    She peed off a lot of people in the house by not picking Heaven in 'The Cake Task' and she was clearly very upset over having got so many people's backs up. But none the less, she stuck by her friends, and she knew Mikey was dying for a chance as head of house. She probably had an inclinging that the winning side could choose their head of house, and of course Heave would have choosen the brilliant god almighty Rex (or A$$hole as I like to refer to him) as the HOH!! And even though Rachel 'likes' Rex, although i really don't see how she still can, he is such a d1ck to her, i think she'd have known he would be a selfish power abusing rude ignorant HOH.
    There! lol

But I will quote stats because you allege that she is one of the most boring housemates ever. The odds however show she is popular with the public so how is she boring? If she was boring she would be lost in the shuffle instead of just behind Mikey.

I conced at this moment in time the stats are in her fav but dont doesnt mean much because they change all the time, Rex Darnell Kat Mikey Luke were all favs at one time or another but they do change

Yeah Luke was heavily favoured at one point and he sealed his own fate. This could also happen to Rachel. But why is Rachel deemed boring?

Surely the fact she provokes such strong feelings on this board, the DS forums and other sites shows she's got something about her!

This is just to easy to slate, yeah because she is boring.

Come on, you have clearly championed him! You never seem to criticise him when he's out of line.

I will defend anybody in any situation if i think they are worth defending, Rex Rachel Darnell anybody.

Yes i will come across with counter statements or opinions, i got into a debate with another boardsie lastnight because of a remark that Rex made about pissing on him. I felt strongly about this so i felt right to defend it.

As for Lisa, I know she has said things about Rachel but she's not trying to purposely make the girl upset unlike Rex. I'm sick of this BS about 'well, at least he says it to people's faces'. This was how the likes of Bex and Alex justified their aggressive behaviour. Being up front is great but a bit of tact wouldn't go amiss. People who have class possess this.

She is not trying to make her upset because everything is said behind closed doors and behind her back, im sure when she eventually sees these statements made by Lisa she will be highly upset becasue it has been some mean vicious remarks.

She is without doubt a classly lady i would not doubt that for one second.

The definiton of boring is 'an uninteresting person or thing'. The fact several people on this thread are arguing about her shows she is more interesting than her critics would like to admit!

Yes the discussions have been interesting

PS her 'not having much of an opinion' as you put it is rubbish. Who stood up to the bully Alex? Rachel. Who told Lisa the night she tried to escape about how she fels a bit uncomfortable around her sometimes? Rachel. Who has had the house on her back because of decisions she made as HOH? Rachel.

Yes Rachel stood up to Alex but she wasnt the only one Rex also stood up to her as did others Steph aswell. Rachel was commended for the decisons she got right in the house i think it was Darnell that said something like" she isnt just head of heaven she is head of house" the only reason why people were on her back was because of two dreadful decisions that she made, washing up and the cake task.

Who did your precious Rex go to for an opinion when he had a tiff with Nicole - RACHEL!

Yes she is a pleasant person so very easy to explain problems to.

For someone with 'no opinion' she certainly has a lot of opinions placed on her.

The fact is the haters are growing because they know she has a real chance of being the first female winner since Kate.

I doubt very much people dont want her to win because she is a woman, because Kate was defiantely a true Big Brother legend.

If Rachel wanted to be tactical she would have went with Rex and his side surely?

She was being fair.

She wasnt fair in that task at all she favoured the hell side.

Ok not having an opinion doesnt mean she says nothing but for the majority of the time she takes the stance of if i dont say anything i cant offend anybody.

Were is my backup i need some :p :pac:

Stop putting in Bold Lettering as it makes it hard to concentrate on on the other persons points.
    ( For me anyway :o ).:D

Stop putting in Bold Lettering as it makes it hard to concentrate on on the other persons points.
    ( For me anyway :o ).:D

I do it to highlight peoples statements sometimes and in the message i thought it would be easier if i just posted under the statement.

I conced at this moment in time the stats are in her fav but dont doesnt mean much because they change all the time, Rex Darnell Kat Mikey Luke were all favs at one time or another but they do change

But this is the final stretch and the odds mean more now than ever before.

You concede the odds are in her favour which presumably means you concede she is popular with the viewing public at this point. How then is she boring if she is popular with the public? Why would they like someone boring? Really interested in your thoughts on this.
    She is not trying to make her upset because everything is said behind closed doors and behind her back, im sure when she eventually sees these statements made by Lisa she will be highly upset becasue it has been some mean vicious remarks.

Would you say her boyfriend is more pissed off at Lisa's behaviour towards her or by Rex's? I reckon Rachel will be far more relaxed about things said about her in the diary room than things said by a guy who reduced her to the point of tears and still kept on at her. A guy who she regarded as a friend, who she has been good to and who went and nominated her.
    Yes Rachel stood up to Alex but she wasnt the only one Rex also stood up to her as did others Steph aswell.

Ah, so are Rex and Steph boring too then?
    Rachel was commended for the decisons she got right in the house i think it was Darnell that said something like" she isnt just head of heaven she is head of house" the only reason why people were on her back was because of two dreadful decisions that she made, washing up and the cake task.

Ah so you acknowledge she has been commended for her opinions. Funny because you earlier said she hadn't got any!
    Yes she is a pleasant person so very easy to explain problems to.

Indeed and her opinions seem to carry a lot of respect in there.
    She wasnt fair in that task at all she favoured the hell side.

She was fair. She could have been tactical about it and went with the heaven side but she went with her morals and decided to give the hell side a break. Good on her.

Thanks MNG that was much easier to read.
    No offence Tyler , but it was.:)

But this is the final stretch and the odds mean more now than ever before.

You concede the odds are in her favour which presumably means you concede she is popular with the viewing public at this point. How then is she boring if she is popular with the public? Why would they like someone boring? Really interested in your thoughts on this.

Why are you trying to put words in my mouth? I said the odds are in her favour now but they change at the drop of a hat. Can you not concede that the odds have been in different peoples favour at one time or another? Meaning that Rex at one time was a favourite to win? Yes she is going to be like by some of the public, as to is Rex liked by some of the public.

Would you say her boyfriend is more pissed off at Lisa's behaviour towards her or by Rex's? I reckon Rachel will be far more relaxed about things said about her in the diary room than things said by a guy who reduced her to the point of tears and still kept on at her. A guy who she regarded as a friend, who she has been good to and who went and nominated her.

I havent said anything to do with her boyfriend now that you brought it up im sure he will be pissed by both peoples remarks towards her. The stuff Lisa has said about Rachel hasnt just been confined to the diary room she has said it to other people in the house, im sure she regards Lisa as a friend so to hear what she has said about her will come as a shock and also another person that nominated her

Ah, so are Rex and Steph boring too then?

You are trying to make out like Rachel was the only person who confronted Alex when this cleary wasnt the case so i just named a few people and yes Steph was boring

Ah so you acknowledge she has been commended for her opinions. Funny because you earlier said she hadn't got any!

Of coarse people are gonna have an opinion on something but for the majority of the time she side steps questions because she doesnt want to offend people

Indeed and her opinions seem to carry a lot of respect in there.

Yes she does have respect from some people in there. Because people think she is a boring housemate doesnt mean that they think she is a bad person

She was fair. She could have been tactical about it and went with the heaven side but she went with her morals and decided to give the hell side a break. Good on her.

I have made my point on this clear numerous times regarding the decision of the cake task.

• Advertisement

Thanks MNG that was much easier to read.
    No offence Tyler , but it was.:)

Two different styles nothing i can do.

Advertisement