Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who goes? Eviction 9

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Why are you trying to put words in my mouth? I said the odds are in her favour now but they change at the drop of a hat. Can you not concede that the odds have been in different peoples favour at one time or another? Meaning that Rex at one time was a favourite to win? Yes she is going to be like by some of the public, as to is Rex liked by some of the public.

I'm not trying to put words in your mouth I'm trying to get you to answer this simple question. Here it is...

If Rachel is so boring why is she so popular with the audience? Popular enough to be in second place?
    I havent said anything to do with her boyfriend now that you brought it up im sure he will be pissed by both peoples remarks towards her. The stuff Lisa has said about Rachel hasnt just been confined to the diary room she has said it to other people in the house, im sure she regards Lisa as a friend so to hear what she has said about her will come as a shock and also another person that nominated her

I hardly think she regards Lisa as a friend since she has been nominating her and told her to her face she felt uncomfortable around her.

I think you know full well her boyfriend will have been more pissed off at the person who reduced his girlfriend to tears.
    You are trying to make out like Rachel was the only person who confronted Alex when this cleary wasnt the case so i just named a few people and yes Steph was boring

Actually I was refuting your point that Rachel doesn't have any opinions. You then decided to completely ignore this point by bringing up the fact that Rex and Steph also confronted Alex. This is irrelevant as they weren't being discussed.
    Of coarse people are gonna have an opinion on something but for the majority of the time she side steps questions because she doesnt want to offend people

And yet she seems to offend an awful lot of people nonetheless. But of course if you haven't got anything good to say you might as well say it anyway. Isn't that the Rex mantra?
    Yes she does have respect from some people in there. Because people think she is a boring housemate doesnt mean that they think she is a bad person

So just to recap so I am clear where you stand...

You think Rachel is a boring housemate even though she is so popular with the public she is second-favourite to win the show and even though her opinions have caused arguments when she's expressed them.

Can you see how this...like, doesn't make ANY sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

I'm not trying to put words in your mouth I'm trying to get you to answer this simple question. Here it is...

If Rachel is so boring why is she so popular with the audience? Popular enough to be in second place?

I wanna ask you this if Rex is such the bad guy that everybody hates then why is he so popular with the audience? Answer me that??

She is a nice person which is what i think people like about her, which i have said loads of times, but doesnt nesscessarily mean she is a great housemate.

I hardly think she regards Lisa as a friend since she has been nominating her and told her to her face she felt uncomfortable around her.

Fair enough she doesnt seem to like Lisa that much then so

I think you know full well her boyfriend will have been more pissed off at the person who reduced his girlfriend to tears.

Yes of coarse he is gonna be pissed with anybody that upsets his girlfriend

Actually I was refuting your point that Rachel doesn't have any opinions. You then decided to completely ignore this point by bringing up the fact that Rex and Steph also confronted Alex. This is irrelevant as they weren't being discussed.

Yes it does if your going to make a point make sure all the facts are included not just ones that suit Rachel and sorry when was this one point you keep mentioning week one? Anything more recent?

And yet she seems to offend an awful lot of people nonetheless. But of course if you haven't got anything good to say you might as well say it anyway. Isn't that the Rex mantra?

Exactly Rex is gospel!

So just to recap so I am clear where you stand...

You think Rachel is a boring housemate even though she is so popular with the public she is second-favourite to win the show and even though her opinions have caused arguments when she's expressed them.

You seem to want to cling to this fact that because she is second fav to win the the show at this moment in time that its the be all and end all?? It doesnt mean jack all as you have been witness to this time and time again. These odds change can you at least admit that?

Let me refut your statement, you think Rex is a knob even thou he is so popular with the public that is a favourite to win even thou he has been one of the best housemates ever?

Can you see how this...like, doesn't make ANY sense?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I wanna ask you this if Rex is such the bad guy that everybody hates then why is he so popular with the audience? Answer me that??

She is a nice person which is what i think people like about her, which i have said loads of times, but doesnt nesscessarily mean she is a great housemate.

1) You AGAIN failed to answer my question

2) Rex is hardly popular since there were chants of 'Get Rex out' last week and since he's not considered likely to win at this point.

Can you not answer my question? I think you've dug yourself quite a hole.
    Yes it does if your going to make a point make sure all the facts are included not just ones that suit Rachel and sorry when was this one point you keep mentioning week one? Anything more recent?

You're all over the shop now. You were the one who said she doesn't have any opinions. I then refuted this point by reminding you that she stood up to Alex. Why would I bring Rex into it when we're discussing whether or not Rachel has opinions?

You do yourself a disservice by introducing red herrings when you can't answer a point.
    You seem to want to cling to this fact that because she is second fav to win the the show at this moment in time that its the be all and end all?? It doesnt mean jack all as you have been witness to this time and time again. These odds change can you at least admit that?

LOL. You still don't get it. It means she's not boring. If she is second-favourite to win then she is considered POPULAR WITH THE PUBLIC.

No one is suggesting this will always be the case. Like Luke, she could lose her popularity but the fact remains RIGHT NOW she is popular and thus I woud say that's evidence she is not boring as you like to imply.
    Let me refut your statement, you think Rex is a knob even thou he is so popular with the public that is a favourite to win even thou he has been one of the best housemates ever?

LOL yet another red herring. Or is that a Rex herring?

Rex isn't popular with the public and the idea of him being one of the best housemates ever is laughable.

PS I thought you weren't championing him? :pac:

Keep on digging though mate. I love the controversy Rachel generates. She's such an interesting and integral element of the show.

Without her it would be a miserable Nicorex commercial and the majority don't want that I'm sure. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Ok first of all, you can't cite her decision on The Cake Task as one of the times she had an opinion because she was forced to choose between the two. The side she chose is irrelevant to the argument of how she is not boring. If she is to be believed, she chose it based on which cake she preferred so it had nothing to do with the people involved.

Secondly, she isn't in second place yet and even if she was that doesn't prove she's not boring. By that logic Alex would have won no problem! The people who do well seemingly are the people who are the least threatening. Notice how all the bitchy people went and have been going steadily. If there was a graph of housemates who have left and their bitchiness/backstabbery it would be a diagional line downward from left to right.

I left out the testimony of most of the housemates who live with her 24/7 which is evidence enough on its own.

Put it this way, a house full of rachel-types would be the worst television ever and it's only the people like Rex who take issue with her that give her any sort of profile. People love the underdog as well and when they see the puppy-dog eyes when Rex is rollicking her that sort of thing boosts her numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ciggs

Racheal has got to go she is so boring

• Advertisement

1) You AGAIN failed to answer my question

2) Rex is hardly popular since there were chants of 'Get Rex out' last week and since he's not considered likely to win at this point.

Can you not answer my question? I think you've dug yourself quite a hole.

Dont try to make me look bad, I have answered your question "She is a nice person which is what i think people like about her, which i have said loads of times," was my answer in the last one you dont want to accept that its up to you.

You're all over the shop now. You were the one who said she doesn't have any opinions. I then refuted this point by reminding you that she stood up to Alex. Why would I bring Rex into it when we're discussing whether or not Rachel has opinions?

You do yourself a disservice by introducing red herrings when you can't answer a point.

I have said this already you AGAIN dont want to accept it the majority of the time she doesnt want to have opinions on anything because she doesnt want to upset the housemates. Yes she stood up to Alex in the FIRST WEEK

LOL. You still don't get it. It means she's not boring. If she is second-favourite to win then she is considered POPULAR WITH THE PUBLIC.

No one is suggesting this will always be the case. Like Luke, she could lose her popularity but the fact remains RIGHT NOW she is popular and thus I woud say that's evidence she is not boring as you like to imply.

I do get it trust me been popular and been boring are two different things, yes she is popular with certain people but that doesnt make her UBER exciting she is still the same person.

LOL yet another red herring. Or is that a Rex herring?

Rex isn't popular with the public and the idea of him being one of the best housemates ever is laughable.

PS I thought you weren't championing him? :pac:

Keep on digging though mate. I love the controversy Rachel generates. She's such an interesting and integral element of the show.

I think you are so set in your ways that you wont open up to peoples opinions on things, on here digitalspy and im sure loads more people have said that Rex has been one of the most interesting housemates Big Brother has had in years but you wont ever consider that for one second.

Yes she is a part of the show as is Rex Kat Lisa Darnell Mo etc etc without all the different personalitys it would be very bland.

Without her it would be a miserable Nicorex commercial and the majority don't want that I'm sure. :cool:

Nobody wants Nicole in there she isnt a great housemate, get her out and Rex is back to normal

PS Please keep up your snide comments and tryin to make me look bad im starting to find them funny. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Really want Stu to go. Just reading this on DS:
    Stuart wants Kat to face next eviction

Day 71, 10:40 BST

By Paul Clare
    Stuart wants Kat to face next eviction

Darnell and Stuart talked until early this morning about tactical voting on the next set of nominations.

On Monday, Stuart nominated both Kat and Rachel for eviction and is determined to shake up the next set of evictions as well.

Joking to Darnell, Stuart said: "We'll just say she wants to go and put the favourite (Kat) up for eviction." Stuart added that being nominated changes people and that Kat could "snap" if put forward for the public vote, given her negative reaction to Rachel's nomination.

Darnell agreed, saying she'd been "borderline" on being sent to jail for trying to find out who was behind Rachel's nomination.

He added: "The fact Rachel is up changed everything. Is there even a group anymore?"

Darnell said he thought it was unlikely that Kat would go up for eviction, as the whole house wouldn't "think the same way". However, Stuart calculated that, going into the final weeks, only four people would need to nominate Kat to put her up for eviction.

He's so sly. The guy clearly thinks he's so much better than everyone in that house. He's the main person that goes on about "groups" and how they all have nothing in common...blah...blah.

I reckon he still thinks he has a chance of winning. The whole "nominate me so i can go see my daughter" is such a píss poor attempt to gain public sympathy so they won't vote him out. He wants his 15 minutes of fame, nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

He doesn't have a KATs chance in Hell of winning.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭HoneyButterfly

Of coarse people are gonna have an opinion on something but for the majority of the time she side steps questions because she doesnt want to offend people

So because she doesn't revel in, and look for an arguement, she's side steps questions? She does not. She stands up for herself when neccessary. She doesn't go out of her way to cause conflict though, like some do...ahem *Rex* ahem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Personally I like Rachel and I'd be happy if she won. I also like Rex. I don't see why it has to be either or. *shrug*

• Advertisement

Put it this way, a house full of rachel-types would be the worst television ever and it's only the people like Rex who take issue with her that give her any sort of profile.
    A house full of any of the same type of person would be the worst television ever...

So because she doesn't revel in, and look for an arguement, she's side steps questions? She does not. She stands up for herself when neccessary. She doesn't go out of her way to cause conflict though, like some do...ahem *Rex* ahem

Yes she does take steps away from certain situations, you dont have to revel and look for arguements to have an opinion.

A house full of any of the same type of person would be the worst television ever...

Not if it was a house full of Rex's winding each other up.:D1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif1.gif
    Explosive Watching I would say.:D

you dont have to revel and look for arguements to have an opinion.

Well OMG Haven't you just hit the nail on the head right there!!! LOL

Well OMG Haven't you just hit the nail on the head right there!!! LOL

I should of expanded on that a little more, Darnell has made some great statements and had some really good opinions but he doesnt revel in it or want arguements.

I should of expanded on that a little more, Darnell has made some great statements and had some really good opinions but he doesnt revel in it or want arguements.

And what does that have to do with Rachel?! Hmm keep diggin there...would you like a spade?

Not necessarily. I was trying to demonstrate how rachel isn't exciting by using the extreme example of a house full of rachels where everybody gets along all the time. Everbody is chirpy no matter what happens. It's nice and fluffy the whole time. The closest thing to an argument is taking someone to the side and saying "this is how I feel. how do you feel? Because it's fine to feel like that" and then they hug.

Rachel without someone who gets pissed off at her is nothing.

And what does that have to do with Rachel?! Hmm keep diggin there...would you like a spade?

Here we go again, im just giving an example am i not allowed to do that? All snide remarks welcomed :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Not necessarily. I was trying to demonstrate how rachel isn't exciting by using the extreme example of a house full of rachels where everybody gets along all the time. Everbody is chirpy no matter what happens. It's nice and fluffy the whole time. The closest thing to an argument is taking someone to the side and saying "this is how I feel. how do you feel? Because it's fine to feel like that" and then they hug.

Rachel without someone who gets pissed off at her is nothing.

If rachel didn't have someone like rex constantly criticising her and having arguments with her then perhaps she wouldn't be so down and would be the happy fun bubbly rachel from the vt?

LolaDub wrote: »
    If rachel didn't have someone like rex constantly criticising her and having arguments with her then perhaps she wouldn't be so down and would be the happy fun bubbly rachel from the vt?

Very good point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Ridiculous. Rex wasn't down on her from day one and she's always been like that. It's only in the last 3 weeks or so Rex has been like that with her. She was never the Rachel from the vt.

Has Rachel from the VT ever been seen inside the house? You would swear he is some kind of Robot constantly on 24/7.

I've seen a happy rachel inside the house, i gues sit comes down to your slant on things. Theres always been someone taking their crap out on others in the house. First alex, then she left and sylvia was unbearable, then she left and it was jen, then jen left and it was rebecca now its rex.

How many of you seriously think you'd be 100% yourself to other people if you had to into a new house covered in cameras with a dozen or so strangers all hoping to come off the best to win 100k throughout all the tasks, heaven and hell, bitching arguments etc. I don't think i'd be the person i am to my friends in there
    and i'm not surprised most people say they feel they're behaving differently inside.

So how is that an argument that rachel isn't boring? You're trying to excuse the fact that she isn't herself and seemingly implying that she wouldn't be so boring if she wasn't in the house.

Incidentally, she had one of her best episodes today up until when the fish died which was just taking the piss.

It was a great task altogether and something lighthearted was badly needed , Kat and Rex looked so funny in the " Floating with an island on your Groin " part.

15.gifRIP.

Taking the piss indeed.

No i'm giving my opinion on it. Its a hard place to be who you are to your friend 24/7. Everyones fighting to come off looking the best off course they're going to try screw you down.

Earlier on everybody was saying rachel was fake because she couldn't possibly be that nice, now that people have seen she is and they have seen the vt its all about spreading the vt hate. Some people just want to hate their competitors and will use anything to try do it.

I think rachel has done well by standing up for herself and not resorting to rexs low tactics. She has taken all their crap but hasn't given any. To me thats how a winner should be

Ah right, I just thought we were talking about whether she is boring or not.

Ah right, I just thought we were talking about whether she is boring or not.

The thread's entitled 'Who goes?'

No i'm giving my opinion on it. Its a hard place to be who you are to your friend 24/7. Everyones fighting to come off looking the best off course they're going to try screw you down.

Earlier on everybody was saying rachel was fake because she couldn't possibly be that nice, now that people have seen she is and they have seen the vt its all about spreading the vt hate. Some people just want to hate their competitors and will use anything to try do it.

I think rachel has done well by standing up for herself and not resorting to rexs low tactics. She has taken all their crap but hasn't given any. To me thats how a winner should be

Yes she has taken some crap in there but so has Mo definately more so than her so maybe he should win then because he was treated worse than anybody?

• Advertisement

The thread's entitled 'Who goes?'

Why bother posting that? You know I know the title and you also know that there has been a discussion spanning the last couple of pages about whether she's boring or not. I mistakingly assumed that someone quoting my posts about it to be addressing it directly.

Advertisement