Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with two gbb pistols (gas gushing out)

Options
  • 13-08-2008 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

Lads anyone know why the gas is shooting out of my gbb pistols ( KSC G17 and KJW 226) I fill them and as soon as I pull the trigger the gas comes out in a big gush:mad:

Best rgds.
    Baby James

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 gonzoguy

Where does that gas come out? Is it from the back of the slide when the slide's recoiled back? If that's it it's an o-ring from my experience. Had that problem, changed the o-ring and now it works flawlessly. out the top i figure maybe a mag problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭babyjames

gonzoguy the gas comes out the barrel and the top, Basicly it seem to gush out everywhere. I wouldn,t mind but but I have only put around two hundred rounds trough them and clean them pretty often ( with silicone spray):confused:
    gonzoguy wrote: »
    Where does that gas come out? Is it from the back of the slide when the slide's recoiled back? If that's it it's an o-ring from my experience. Had that problem, changed the o-ring and now it works flawlessly. out the top i figure maybe a mag problem.

are you letting your mags reach room temperature? If you fire off your mags immediately after filling the gas hasn't had a chance to liquify and will come out as a freezing gas everywhere. My 93r does this on full auto after a few mags and eventually freezes the gun. Try letting the mag warm up (shouldn't be more than 5 - 10 minutes) and try shooting it then. If it's still not working it could be the o-ring still. My WE high capa does this occasionally and i haven't had a chance to see if changing the o-ring fixes this, so it's just an educated guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

Ye as gonzoguy said it could be freezing up.It also happens to my TM 1911

also try completely taking the slide off and apart (remove piston and everything) and fully clean and relube the gun. Did that to my 93r and worked better. Make sure the rails have nothing in them that can jam the gun partially back. WHile it's apart look into the frame assembly (don't take apart unless you know what your doin) and see if you can notice anything jamming anything. Just look for anything unusual. Never know it could be something dumb like dirt in the trigger assembly. Good luck. Let me know how it turns out

• Advertisement

Cheers lads I going to clean it and have agood look inside . Let ye know how I get on

Well lads gave them a good cleaning and let the mag warm up the p226 is working a little better but woun't empty a full mag on an 8 second fill. The g17 on the other hand is f**ked looks like the hop up is gone to pot. Any one know were I can get another one???. And thanks for all the help lads.

Rgds.

Hmmmm...hold the mag up to your ear and check if it hisses when full. Then load it into the gun and cock it and listen to hear if it hisses then. If you hear any hissing, cover the gun in soapy water and find bubbles. If not, does the p226 have an adjustable gas valve? I think some you can adjust how much gas is fired per trigger pull. IF not, I'd assume like i said either a bad o-ring, or bad release valve. How i check for o-rings is get some motor oil, and put LESS THAN A DROP on your finger and coat the ring. If it shoots fine for a bit then it's that. I don't know if that's recommended tho. Let someone else respond about that. I've constantly heard don't use anything other than silicone but my 93r has nothing but thin oil in it. What is possibly happening is that the gas is escaping past the piston o-ring and out the gun. That's why the gun won't empty the whole mag. Gas has to be going somewhere. As for a new hop-up for you glock, can't help you. I'm in California.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

Try Redwolf or UN company.

Advertisement