Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh joy!

Options
  • 13-08-2008 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

I'm going into leaving cert in three weeks...
    Brill, not..

Not that I'm that worried, just abit annoyed is all haha.
    Oh wellllll just nine months of school left, then exams...

*sigh*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Pfft, I'm back in 2 weeks..suck it up :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭crunchycorner

Me too.......can't wait:(:(

Haven't stop thinking about it all summer!!

Only 2 weeks till i'm back to school!!
    Really hope i can work hard this year....every other year i ended up leaving it till the last minute.....

Tbh, I'm actually looking forward it (I might regret saying that :pac:), get the LC over and done with forever \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

creggy wrote: »
    Tbh, I'm actually looking forward it (I might regret saying that :pac:), get the LC over and done with forever \o/

im with ya, ill take it all back in about 2 months! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I was supposed to do a draft of my History project over the summer but I was an idiot and left it until recently. Upon further inspection the few sources I looked up for my title turned out to be the only sources. :pac:

Seriously though, it feels like I might as well be back at school. Also I can't shake the feeling that I've forgotten everything over the summer even though I know it'll come back to me once I go back.

I was looking forward to it at the start of summer but I've become too comfortable doing nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

I'm just wanting to get it over with. Course I want was about 365 pts last year, I should be able to manage I think.. I hope...

Only afew months though WOO then college :D

Where you headed for uni?

Really want to go to nuig and study medicine..would be an absolute dream come true if i got a place!!

Maybe a science degree in nuig either or biology in UL...

Ah nice one, pts for med have gone down to 470 in 2009 it said. It needed to though tbh.

I want to go to ucc to study zoology but I have to go in twisted into other subjects I don't want! :P

rhapsody! wrote: »
    I want to go to ucc to study zoology but I have to go in twisted into other subjects I don't want! :P

What other subjects??

So are any of you guys gonna start studying once we go back or whats the plan for our final year????:P

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭spillit67

Sucks to be you guys right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Nah, it'll just be like an other school year really, but more 18th, more going out cos everyone will be 18, and a slightly bigger quiz at the end of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

Piste wrote: »
    Nah, it'll just be like an other school year really, but more 18th, more going out cos everyone will be 18, and a slightly bigger quiz at the end of the year.

Ha Ha:D.LOL

I solemnly swear to do study afterschool every day and then go to the library every day after that for more study. . . . Who's with me?
    This is the most important year in school and we all must discipline ourselves to put in ALOT of work.

And to the fella who was talking about the history essay. . . same thing happened to me.Except I have an excuse.. . I was busy;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

HA HA SUCKERS, enjoy the PAIN, and the SWEAT, and the WORRY, and the

RISK OF FAILURE

Only messin, its not half as bad as the media would like you to think

Keep up the sport. I didnt and now I have a belly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Valde

GA361 wrote: »
    Ha Ha:D.LOL

I solemnly swear to do study afterschool every day and then go to the library every day after that for more study. . . . Who's with me?
    This is the most important year in school and we all must discipline ourselves to put in ALOT of work.

And to the fella who was talking about the history essay. . . same thing happened to me.Except I have an excuse.. . I was busy;)

I'm with you on that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Not everybody is 18 in 6th year. I would have thought most people would be 17 except for those monsters who did 4th year and a few born towards the end of the school year types.

Go around calling yourselves "adults" who study in a place where they educate CHILDREN. Just can't let go of your youth, can you? Well too bad because you're going into a home! :pac:

Myself, I'll be 17 all year except for the 26th-29th. That's what us cool people do though.

Now, the plan. Yes. I was thinking of just telling my homework and study to do itself with threats of beatings. Looking back, I see my plan may have tiny holes here and there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

*Points and laughs*
    You're all dooooooooomed........

Oh and Davidius, I skipped 4th Year and was 17 doing my Leaving Cert and for my first two and a half months of college. It kinda sucked :(
    (but doing 4th year would have sucked more! :D)

I haven't done a lot either with my 1st draft either. I done half a typed page and then I realised I was just summarising a book. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

turgon wrote: »
    HA HA SUCKERS, enjoy the PAIN, and the SWEAT, and the WORRY, and the

RISK OF FAILURE

Only messin, its not half as bad as the media would like you to think

Keep up the sport. I didnt and now I have a belly.
    Me three!

I'll be 18 in February 09 and i think the mocks are on then! :(

+1!!!!!!

• Advertisement

+1!!!!!!

No thanks, 2 hours of study a day is enough for me!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I was 18 there 10 days ago, so no trouble on the ID front for me, but to be fair im not a big drinker, so it wont change a huge amounts.

I just plan on doing a steady amount from September onward, Taking a few nights off to go to gigs i can get into hassle free. Then come January step it all up a notch. Hopefully it will go like that.

Advertisement