Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Infractions Received - go away please

Options
  • 13-08-2008 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

OK should these not disappear after they have expired or soon afterwards, I mean why do I see literally years old infractions when I go into my user CP
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

MooseJam wrote: »
    OK should these not disappear after they have expired or soon afterwards, I mean why do I see literally years old infractions when I go into my user CP

No. They stay forever and ever. It's not a literally year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Is ban history also stored?

If not, storing infractions seems unnecessary. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Is ban history also stored?

If not, storing infractions seems unnecessary. :confused:

It's stored for mods and the user to see only. It's akin to a criminal record. :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

Off topic but Can one ask to see their own Criminal record?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Its on yer profile page kat i believe

• Advertisement

oh sorry, i meant your real one, i know someone who was told by Guards that he has a JLO (from joyriding and underage drinking) which i believe is the irish version of an ASBO.. could he walk into a Station and ask? -obviously he shouldnt.. but?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

KatCookie wrote: »
    oh sorry, i meant your real one, i know someone who was told by Guards that he has a JLO (from joyriding and underage drinking) which i believe is the irish version of an ASBO.. could he walk into a Station and ask? -obviously he shouldnt.. but?
    If he stuck a gun in their face I'd say they'd show it to him.

Oh He's not that hard!
    can i say pussy here? if i can.. thats what he is!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

In that case yes. You are entitled to view records they hold on you, not pending an investigation

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

snyper wrote: »
    In that case yes. You are entitled to view records they hold on you, not pending an investigation
    You seem to know a lot about this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

You seem to know a lot about this.

ROR :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

hows the sentence going there snyper? can't believe she was only 14...
    just when you were finishing community service...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I assume under the Fredom of Information Act your allowed see your criminal record?

As for Boards, infractions can only be viewed by Mods and Yourself so it shouldnt matter how long they are stored for. Its expired anyway. :)

Ban history is for mods only. As for viewing your ban history, ask nicely in Help Desk and you might be lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Sully wrote: »
    Ban history is for mods only. As for viewing your ban history, ask nicely in Help Desk and you might be lucky.
    At the moment there is very little historical information for bans, so a help desk thread would be pointless.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

seamus wrote: »
    At the moment there is very little historical information for bans, so a help desk thread would be pointless.

Well yes, that is true I suppose. More so applies in the future I guess.

i'd bet that every mod is checking out MooseJams bans and infractions right now..

They're like scars Moose.

Just like the ones you got after that faithful night in Amsterdam off those dominating lady boys. It's ok though, it's over & almost forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

snyper wrote: »
    Its on yer profile page kat i believe

where aboots on your profile page? I'm sure I had an infraction before but can't see it on my profile page...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

where aboots on your profile page? I'm sure I had an infraction before but can't see it on my profile page...

Use the infractions tab to view them.

infractcm9.jpg

That said, I had one that disappeared before IIRC.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

They eventually disappear.
    Cept for us Mods, they will always be there for us to see....

• Advertisement

Guess I don't have any then, cheers Stovelid.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Guess I don't have any then, cheers Stovelid.

You had one. It's expired. Hence only Mods can see it.

Beruthiel wrote: »

There's one in my profile, and thats expired, yet I can still see it.. Do I just wait for it to disappear, or should it have disappeared already, or will it ever disappear out of my profile?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Oh the shame. Infracted in a dublin city forum. That's what I get for beingfeeding the troll. Just wish it would disappear soon. I keep washing my hands and washing and washing, but this blood just won't wash off. Unclean!
    What's with the red and yellow infractions?

Beruthiel wrote: »

-_- Don't you be snooping around in my profile!

Edit: Actually here's a point, you obviously checked my profile to check my infractions. But when I check my profile it doesn't say you've viewed it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Edit: Actually here's a point, you obviously checked my profile to check my infractions. But when I check my profile it doesn't say you've viewed it :confused:
    I bet you I don't come up either.

You can set yourself to "invisible mode" which basically means that no-one except Smods and Admins are able to tell if or when you're online unless you make a post.

Hence thats why you should never press the red button!

I'm dealing with seasoned stalkers here...

I'm dealing with seasoned stalkers here...
    Just to let you know, you left the oven on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement