Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premiership Kick Off Weekend Bets

Options
  • 13-08-2008 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭

Unlike most, ill just be doing one or two bets per week. I think its the only way to win in the long run.

Without a bit of form, which makes prem betting alot easier my bets for the weekend are

Arsenal minus 1 at 1.68

and laying hull at home to fulham at 2.68

(i really think fulham will win it, but this is certainly the safer option)

tempted with liverpool away to sderland but trying to stick to the golden rule - dont back Lpool, esp not away from home

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

tempted with liverpool away to suderland but trying to stick to the golden rule - dont back Lpool, esp not away from home
    Tell me! I'd put that game down for Sunderland +2 (you get 1.30 on pp)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭brock92

I think Blackburn Rovers DNB @ 13/8 with Paddy's is a great bet. Everton are a total mess at the moment with only 11 1st team players available and one of these Rodwell only has 20 mins Premier League experience.
    With Steven Pienaar also ruled out through injury (broken toe) cant see where scoring chances for Yakubu will come from. Pienaar was the clubs leading assits provider last season.
    Pre-season friendly results for Everton were not too good either... think its going to be a long difficult season for the toffees.

By the way I am an Everton supporter but cant see us getting a good start to season on saturday. Hope Moyes has a few signings lined up.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Truck

Anyone going for an Accumulator at the weekend?

Hard to call on the first day though

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭brock92

Here is the accum i will be trying:

Blackburn (DNB) 13/8
    Chelsea 1/3
    Arsenal (-1) 4/6
    Villa (DNB) 4/11
    Spurs (DNB) 4/7
    Man Utd 3/10

Bet: € 20 Potential payout: € 325

Wish me luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭corban

being a bit cautious as its the first week:

arsenal to win with clean sheet (v westbrom)
    bolton win (v stoke)
    draw or fulham (v hull)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I'll be going with Middlesborough to beat Spurs 11/5 and Sunderland to beat Liverpool 9/2. Spurs could be rubbish again this year tbh and as someone who also believes in leaving Liverpool alone the next best thing you can do with them is go against them whenever you get the chance! :pac:

As much as I like Newcastle even though I am a Liverpool fan I am going to back United -2 at 23-10. I think they will hop off them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

i hate to back liverpool as there the worst to bet on,,but fancy a 2or3nil win saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Arsenal v West Brom 1
    Bolton V stoke x
    everton v blackburn x
    hull v fulham x
    middlesboro v spurs 2
    west ham v wigan 1
    sunderland v liverpool 2
    chelsea v portsmouth 1
    aston villa v man city x
    man utd v newcastle 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

have an accum of:

Arsenal
    Blackburn
    Spurs
    Liverpool
    Reading
    Leeds
    Celtic

pays 80/1:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

arsenal got fabagas 50/50 to start but im sure with the quality they got easy home win.
    the odds are 1/4 man u got rooney back to start so teletext says on rte ..
    also 1/4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭offaly4sam

did an accum. on the following

arsenal
    bolton
    blackburn
    fulham
    tottenham
    man u
    man c
    chelsea

pays 365/1 fingers crossed :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭pokerkingsni

Arsenal to win 3-0. Adeybeyor to score first. Why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I'm having a bit on Adebayor to score at anytime at 2.12

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

Im mulling over a bit of Sunderland and a nibble of Hearts. Hearts are 7/1 in spoils (to €10 max but free cup of coffee) to upset the blue nose brigade and thats too big in light of Rangers shocking start to the season. A saver on the draw aswell.
    Liverpool were inept on Wednesday evening and will need an improved performance to overcome Sunderland. Small bet on Sunderland win and saver on the draw aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

Arsenal over 2.5
    Bolton over 2.5
    Derby under.2.5
    Reading win
    Sheff Utd win
    Wolves win
    Fulham win
    Sunderland V Liverpool 0-1:D
    643/1

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

1 Arsenal v West Brom (Backing Arsenal @ 1.23)
    2 Man Utd v Newcastle (Backing Man Utd @ 1.3)
    3 Argentina v Netherlands (Backing Argentina @ 1.59)
    4 Brazil v Cameroon (Backing Brazil @ 1.46)
    5 Italy v Belgium (Backing Italy @ 1.75)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I think Hull are looking fairly tempting at 6/4. Fulham are absolutely abysmal travellers and Hull were strong at home last year, not to mention no Andy Johnson

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I think Hull are looking fairly tempting at 6/4. Fulham are absolutely abysmal travellers and Hull were strong at home last year, not to mention no Andy Johnson

Dunno mate, I think Hodgson will have them in good shape. I could be wrong though ofc :p

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I think Fulham are gonna do well this season. Definitely wouldn't put Hull as favourites for that game today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Anfield

My First Bet for the season

Aston Villa v Man City
    Villa have a good squad this season and got a good result in the UEFA cup during the week. City had an awful result in UEFA cup loosing 1.0 at home. They are currently a club in turmoil. Also Dunne is suspended for this game so I think Villa will get the season off to a good start

Southampton v Birmingham Draw No Bet
    The saints have a very young squad this season and it’s this reason I think they could struggle against an experienced Birmingham. I can't see the saints winning so I have covered myself in case the out come is a draw with this bet.

20 points returns 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

i went wit an accumaloter

Man u
    Chelsea
    liverpool
    tottenham
    fulham
    west ham
    bolton

69/1 nice little 10er bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭hungryhippo

Villa, Bolton, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Norwich, Birmingham, Celtic.

100/1 With Paddy Power.

It can't lose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Bubs101 wrote: »

Couldn't get to a PC in time. Very very lame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

I was cautious and just did a double on Man U and Chelsea, paid a about 2/3 and only for Shay Given I'd be counting my money already. Everton didnt look as bad as tipped, spurs looked woeful. Arsenal were lucky as were liverpool, early indications make it look like a two horse race again.

Utd held, bad weekend for punters.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Anfield

Anfield wrote: »
    My First Bet for the season

Aston Villa v Man City
    Villa have a good squad this season and got a good result in the UEFA cup during the week. City had an awful result in UEFA cup loosing 1.0 at home. They are currently a club in turmoil. Also Dunne is suspended for this game so I think Villa will get the season off to a good start

Southampton v Birmingham Draw No Bet
    The saints have a very young squad this season and it’s this reason I think they could struggle against an experienced Birmingham. I can't see the saints winning so I have covered myself in case the out come is a draw with this bet.

20 points returns 60.

Birmingham Win with a Kevin Philips strike 2.1
    And Villa beat city 4.2

Good Start to the season for me.
    Hope the rest of you faired well

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! ;)

Mike.

Advertisement