Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL/UPC Very Sluggish this evening

Options
  • 13-08-2008 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

It seemed to go down this Morning and Afternoon in the Tallaght area and it restored about 5/6pm. However Its been very sluggish and is quite slow with things like youtube and Xbox Live loading very slowly or refusing to load at all. Normal Webpages will load though. I ran speedtest and its been sending me unreliable speeds going from about 200kbs Download/300kbs Upload to about 800kbs download/250kbs upload. The upload is pretty consistent with the normal speed but it normaly peaks around 3000kbs download wise. I have also plugged it in and out, reset my router, tried running the ethernet cable to the PC instead of the router(Seemed to get a worse connection that way) and every other procedure NTL usually asks and I still havent got anything back yet. I have tried NTL customer service earlier but All I got was the typical "We will call you back" response.

Problem with the network or just my PC or Router acting up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭ow2h7nft1me9i4

same with me. on 10mb in waterford. just got connection back this second, slow all day, then dissapeared for da last half hour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Happened In Swords As Well. The Line Went Down. I'd Say Because Of The Irish Summer

Advertisement