Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing name and organization of a program

• 14-08-2008 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

I recently got a copy of ReCycle 2.1 from a friend and when we installed it at the time I put in random gibberish for the name and organization fields. When I tried to reinstall it later these fields remained..

I'm really OCD when it comes to this sort of thing, and I was trying to figure out where exactly in the registry this is logged. These are not the default name and organization of my computer btw, I know how to change these.
    They are stored there specifically for this version of this program.
    When I reinstalled my own copy of ReCycle 2.0 later, my proper fields remained from my previous installation. So this is specific to 2.1 only. I checked all the registry entries under Propellerhead and could not find anything. Nothing I tried to change works.. it's now permanently lodged somewhere..

Any ideas?

Big thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Is it an illegal copy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 phalaris

Sean_K wrote: »
    Is it an illegal copy?

I don't know, and I doubt that it makes any difference. My ReCycle 2.0 one is legal. Why?

I've a feeling it may be a cracked copy of 2.1.

I've a feeling it may be a cracked copy of 2.1.

So any idea as to my actual question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

Are you sure that it's saved in the registry and not in the application data folder?

I would have though as well that it would be in the registry but if you can't find it there then maybe it's saved in the app data folder which is usually found at C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\
    It is a hidden folder.

Thats the xp path btw, not on my vista machine atm so can't check exact vista path but i imagine it's similar.

• Advertisement

phalaris wrote: »
    So any idea as to my actual question?

Well i've never used the software myself, nor do I know anything about the system it uses to prevent unlicensed use, but the name and organisation currently on it could be phoney data injected by the crack to fool it into thinking it was registered...

do you usually have to get a serial number of the publisher?

Sometimes they may issue a serial number based on Name/company name data you give them which the software verifies, although I don't think that practise is too widespread any more.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

B-K-DzR wrote: »
    Thats the xp path btw, not on my vista machine atm so can't check exact vista path but i imagine it's similar.
    C:\Users\<username>\Application Data\

or just stick %appdata% in run. That always works.

Thank you guys. I will try all the suggestions as soon as I get home.
    Well i've never used the software myself, nor do I know anything about the system it uses to prevent unlicensed use, but the name and organisation currently on it could be phoney data injected by the crack to fool it into thinking it was registered...

do you usually have to get a serial number of the publisher?

Sometimes they may issue a serial number based on Name/company name data you give them which the software verifies, although I don't think that practise is too widespread any more.

Sorry, I may not have been clear enough. The gibberish data was data that my friend and I entered ourselves. I just wanted to see the program work and I figured I could always change it later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Sorry, I may not have been clear enough.
    Oh, you were:
    when we installed it at the time I put in random gibberish for the name and organization fields.

eh woops:o

MIsread OP

Carry on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

system restore to before you installed it, and install again

if you have a legit version of 2.1 contact them for support

Advertisement